• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How To Remove .jpg extensions in Bridge Galleries

New Here ,
Feb 09, 2012 Feb 09, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not sure why Adobe Bridge, which created Flash Galleries keeps .jpg extensions in the file name, but I would like to remove them.

This was never an issue in versions prior to CS 5.5.

When I open flash and try to remove the .jpg extension the files are not recognized by Bridge any longer.

What's even worse, is once the Flash Gallery is created in the htm file, the .jpg extensions still remain in the name portion. Kinda dumb since the photos are now part of an htm Flash Gallery, and no longer a .jpg file.

Is there any work around this?

Thanks in advance.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Feb 09, 2012 Feb 09, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Believe that is an OS thing.  Find option in OS to "do not show extensions".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,
Feb 10, 2012 Feb 10, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version does not show the .jpg extension? I have just tried Photoshop CS3,4 and 5 and thay all show the extension.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 11, 2012 Feb 11, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The extensions are off in the OS. The extensions still show up in Bridge. If I try to remove the extension by renaming the file then Bridge doesn't recognize the file any longer.

Retarded! It's simply stupid that an Adobe product - Photoshop creates a file, and then another Adobe product can't recognize it.

20 years in and Adobe still has the same amatuersish oversites.

And on top of that, one of the world's most expensive updates.

I'm curious how you people feel about constantly paying for the same product, over and over again, and again.

Licensing - what a con job.

I'd really wish we had invested all this effort in analog. We bought a piece of hardware once, and used it for years.

Every year there is a new OS, and a new extremely overpriced "update" with the same major issues overlooked.

Pffft.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,
Feb 11, 2012 Feb 11, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rather than rant at a User to User forum, it might be best to make a feature request to remove the extensions.

http://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family

Other people can then vote on the request and maybe you will get your wish?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,
Feb 12, 2012 Feb 12, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it might be best to make a feature request to remove the extensions.

Paul,

For some reason in CS 5.5 the option to hide or include the extension of the filename in the Output Module for Web gallery has been removed while the PDF setting still has this option. It might be a good thing for the OP to add it as a bug instead of a Feature Request

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,
Feb 13, 2012 Feb 13, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't know if this helps but regarding to my earlier posts it seems the option for not showing extensions in Web Gallery only works when in HTML gallery template.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 14, 2012 Feb 14, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For some reason in CS 5.5 the option to hide or include the extension of the filename in the Output Module for Web gallery has been removed while the PDF setting still has this option. It might be a good thing for the OP to add it as a bug instead of a Feature Request

That's what you get....

Pay more...

Get less.

I for one and tired of it.

Sick and tired of it.

Adobe -- take a long hard look at Sony. Four years of billions in losses. Because customers are tired of the companies lack of support, and garbage products.

Don't think it can't happen to Adobe. It has happened to scores of other developers.

Scores!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 28, 2012 Feb 28, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

One way I found to remove the file extension was to modify the group.xml file located in the resources folder.  In that file you will find the folowing code for each image within the gallery:

For each image you should get the following code similar to this:

<item>

<title>5 May Cruisers v Jets 2 1.JPG</title>

<description />

<metadata></metadata>

<photographer></photographer>

<copyright></copyright>

<imageId image='' dbtype='' dbname='' />

<mediaType category='image' format='jpeg' />

<renditions>

<rendition src='images/large/_4124014343.jpg' height='666' width='1000' size='large' />

<rendition src='images/medium/_4124014343.jpg' height='666' width='1000' size='medium' />

<rendition src='images/thumb/_4124014343.jpg' height='16' width='24' size='thumb' />

</renditions>

</item>

If you  remove the .JPG extension within the <title></title> tags  the gallery will display the name without it. HOWEVER the kicker for me at the moment is that it will only display as it should when testing locally. As soon as I upload to my web page server the images will not display. All other info such as site name, gallery name, styles etc. display correctly.

I'm at a loss as to why changing the title causes it to fail when uploaded yet works as it should locally.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines