Skip navigation
Jamal NUMAN
Currently Being Moderated

Is there a way to automatically highlight the column and the row of the location of the cursor?

Feb 12, 2012 11:26 AM

Is there a way to automatically highlight the column and the row of the location of the cursor?

I’m wondering if there is a way to highlight the row and the column of the the location of the cursor.

For example, in the attached screenshots, I need a dynamic highlight for the row and the column the location of the cursor such that when the location of the cursor is changed then the column and the row of the new location are highlighted.

Is short, I need to automatically highlight the entire column and row of the location of the cursor. Is this possible in the Acrobat?

Thank you in advance for the help

Best

Jamal

Clip_56.jpg

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 12, 2012 11:52 AM   in reply to Jamal NUMAN

This can be achieved with a lot of form fields, and some scripting knowledge.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 12, 2012 1:04 PM   in reply to Jamal NUMAN

You can write 2 functions one to change the border/fill color of the form field upon entry and the other to restore the border/fill color upon exit. If you want to change the color of the row and columns, then you will have a lot more scripting to perform. You might be able to find samples. this techniques has been used since Acrobat version 4.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 12, 2012 4:06 PM   in reply to Jamal NUMAN

I've created a tool that does something very similar to what you describe, but the highlight only works on the page where the "hot spot" are located (unlike in your screenshot, where it is displayed over 2 pages). Have a look here (you can also download a sample file that shows how it works):

http://try67.blogspot.com/2012/02/acrobat-create-hotspot-highlights.ht ml

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 13, 2012 2:44 PM   in reply to Jamal NUMAN

Hi Jamal,

The link is to a page from my website that offers a script I created which will allow you to do what you described in your post.

The forum system tends to break up long URLs, so don't copy and paste it into your browser, just click on it and it should open.

If you're still having problems with it, you can send me a PM or email.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 13, 2012 3:43 PM   in reply to Jamal NUMAN

1. That can work, if you create all the necessary "hotspots". I could possibly create a script that fills an entire page with hotspots, but then you have the issue of how large they should be...

2. That's probably possible...

If you're interested in discussing this further, contact me personally.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points