• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Publisher Unknown - Adobe Digital Editions

Feb 10, 2012 Feb 10, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

we are facing a problem, everytime a book is in progress of downloading the "Publisher Name" is visible in the Adobe Digital Editions, but when the downloading complete the Publisher name became Unknown. Any idea what could be the problem with this?

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Enthusiast , Feb 13, 2012 Feb 13, 2012

On PDFs this is stored in the Encryption Dictionary under the Key EBX_PUBLISHER  - searching for this in the 'fulfilled' PDF using a text editor in the PDF may prove enlightening - it should be towards the bottom.

It is possible that it is a bug in ADE, although since this works in the general case, I would look at character encoding issues  such as non ASCII or parentheses.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Enthusiast ,
Feb 10, 2012 Feb 10, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You most likely do not have the publisher in the metadata of the epub.  I would suggest updating the epub itself  (Note since this will be in the package document .... ie the .opf file, which is not encrypted, you can do this without having to repackage the file)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Feb 12, 2012 Feb 12, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Jim ......... But i have problem with PDF file. I have updated all the metadata information using some PDF editing tools but there is problem with Adobe Digital Editions (ADE). When the download (from ACS after fulfillment) is in progress ADE shows correct publisher information but when its comleted the publisher become Unknown. Any idea?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Feb 13, 2012 Feb 13, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

On PDFs this is stored in the Encryption Dictionary under the Key EBX_PUBLISHER  - searching for this in the 'fulfilled' PDF using a text editor in the PDF may prove enlightening - it should be towards the bottom.

It is possible that it is a bug in ADE, although since this works in the general case, I would look at character encoding issues  such as non ASCII or parentheses.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines