Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Testing Push Notifications iOS 5 development app

Feb 13, 2012 7:39 AM

How can I test push notifications in IOS 5? I have tried by clicking "Notify" next to the issue with a non subscribed user, but I don't get a badge or anything. Is there anything special I have to do?

Replies
  • Bob Bringhurst
    4,638 posts
    May 29, 2007
    Feb 13, 2012 8:32 AM   in reply to blasto333

Newsstand or non-Newsstand? With Newsstand, push notifications trigger a background download but not a red badge. With non-Newsstand apps, I don't believe it's possible to test push notifications in the sandbox environment.

|
    Mark as:
  • Bob Bringhurst
    4,638 posts
    May 29, 2007
    Feb 13, 2012 9:09 AM   in reply to blasto333

You'll want to create a fake iTunes user to test purchasing apps, but it won't help you test push. Push notifications don't work in the sandbox environment.

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 7, 2012 10:57 PM   in reply to Bob Bringhurst

I've gone through the above process to test my app in newsstand (with a fake iTunes user) but had to make some changes to the app and regenerate a new .ipa file. This means I'll need to verify my free subscription is properly working again. Regardless of what I do, I do not get the option to view the app in it's original state that allows me to go through the one time mock subscription process. I've tried signing back out of my app store/iTunes test account then back in (via iPad settings/App Store/Sign in) but each time I resync the provisioned iPad and launch the app it won't let me go back to through the subscription process/options. Is there a way to reset this or is it possible when going through the process to regenerate a new .ipa file with new certificates, etc I changed a setting that no longer honors the free subscription?

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 27, 2013 8:55 AM   in reply to Bob Bringhurst

In other words how can i test Adobe Push with newsstand?

|
    Mark as:
  • Bob Bringhurst
    4,638 posts
    May 29, 2007
    Apr 27, 2013 11:38 AM   in reply to Mary Basil

Don't bother testing push in the sandbox.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 27, 2013 1:56 PM   in reply to Bob Bringhurst

Really? So i do not test the push! Why this?

I understand that you sure that push work always well out in distribution app.

Mary

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points