Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Presenter 7 and PowerPoint 2010. No Import audio from presentation button

Nov 03, 2011 Nov 03, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Adobe Presenter 7 and PowerPoint 2007 I have the ability to import existing audio narrations by clicking on Import and then clicking the "Import from presentation" button. The button is missing in PowerPoint 2010. Any ideas on how to get it back?

TOPICS
Presenter

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 03, 2011 Nov 03, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Yes, we are able to see the issue in PowerPoint 2010. Will get back to you soon on this.

Regards,

Shubhi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 17, 2011 Nov 17, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

In PowerPoint 2010; "Import Audio from PowerPoint" is missing .We have logged bug for this. And we will definitely fix this in next release of Presenter. Please use PowerPoint 2007 to use this feature.

Thanks,

Shubhi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 18, 2011 Nov 18, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't have PowerPoint 2007

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 26, 2012 Jan 26, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Will this be fixed in a update of Presenter 7 like 7.x  or are we talking it will be fixed in Presenter 8? or whatever the next new software app is called.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 13, 2012 Feb 13, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure whom to ask about this, but am I to understand that after having just paid out good money for office 2010, they couldn't figure out that power point doesn't have volume?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 13, 2012 Feb 13, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

In next release of Presenter we will be able to "Import PowerPoint audio in Presenter for PowerPoint 2010" as well.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 19, 2012 Feb 19, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have discovered that if I save the PPTX back to a PowerPoint 97-2003 (*.ppt) format, then close and re-open the file, the "Import from presentation" button reappears. Not much use if you use PPTX-specific features, but it's a workaround that does the trick for me!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

that's great. since I'm not computer savvy and have no idea what to do with the info. I'll think twice before buying another ms upgrade in the future.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think you might have the wrong end of the stick here, I believe the problem is with Adobe Presenter 7 catching up with MS PowerPoint 2010. Perhaps I should break down my reply a little further?

In PowerPoint 2010, you can click on File and then select Save As.... In the "Save as type" section, near the bottom, you can select "PowerPoint 97-2003 (*.ppt)" as the format, creating a separate (and usually identically functioning) file. If you then close PowerPoint, and open the newly created file, you can then import embedded audio as normal through Adobe Presenter.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 25, 2015 Sep 25, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This issue still exists with Presenter 10 and PowerPoint 2010!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources