Skip navigation
GCinTX
Currently Being Moderated

Unable to print multiple copies of PDF using reader X

Feb 13, 2012 5:33 AM

Tags: #x #can't #reader #one #print #copy #abobe #more #than #acrobat_printing

I am using Windows 7 --64 bit and printing a PDF to dell 3115cn and can NOT print more than one copy of a PDF at a time. I have used adobe acrobat pro 8 and then went to reader x --same issues.

Any Ideas?

Thanks

Gregg

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 13, 2012 7:52 PM   in reply to GCinTX

What means "unable"; if you select to print 2 copies, does it print only 1 ?

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 13, 2012 7:55 PM   in reply to GCinTX

Just did a test: Adobe Reader 10.1.2 on Windows 7 64-bit -- selected to print 2 copies, and it printed 2 copies.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 14, 2012 12:23 AM   in reply to GCinTX

Are you selecting the Number of Copies from the Printer Properties or from the Reader Print Dialog as such.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 14, 2012 10:19 PM   in reply to GCinTX

Thanks for the information.

Do also let us know what Pat had asked above. Are you getting only 1 copy or are not able to print at all?

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 29, 2012 12:56 AM   in reply to Ankit_Jain

Hi to all!

I have a similar issue using Adobe Reader X 10.0.1, 10.1.0, 10.1.2, when select File > Print > Page Handling: 1, click Printer Properties > Page Setup, specify eg. Copies : 5, it prints 1 copy only. Happen to a number of different printers, eg. HP, Epson, Xerox, Canon, Brother printer, etc. However, if you specify 5 copies inside Reader Print Dialog box, it prints 5 copies correctly.

It did not happen on Adobe Reader 8.1.3 and  Reader 9.4.7. Meaning if you specify 5 copies inside printer properties, it prints exactly 5 copies. If you specify 5 copies inside Reader Print Dialog box, it also prints 5 copies correctly.

Anyone have any solutions or workarounds to solve this issue besides specifying Adobe Reader X : File>Print>Page Handling: 5 copies?

Thanks in advance!

|
    Mark as:
    May 3, 2012 6:31 PM   in reply to GCinTX

This is most likely the mopier setting (yes it's a real setting) in the printer.  It's usually enabled by default and is used so that a given app can send just one copy of a given job/page & then WIndows plus the printer take care of printing multple copies. With the combination of Adobe and particularly WIn 7, they get confused - especially if it's an older printer without much internal memory (most Adobe pages are memory intensive!)

Go to Devices & printers, right click the printer in question, choose printer properties, then select the device settings tab, scroll down to installable options & then disable mopier mode.

Best of Luck

|
    Mark as:
    May 5, 2012 7:12 PM   in reply to GCinTX

I don't want to insult you/anyone - but what I can say is that all of our printers (and we have many flavors) have a printer properties with a device settings tab.  I've inserted a couple of screen snips that show what we see & where the mopier setting shows up.  Hope this is helpful.

Printer Properties Screen Shot Reduced Size.jpgPrinter Properties - Device settings.JPGPrinter Device Settings - Mopier mode.JPG

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 28, 2012 10:24 AM   in reply to SanDiego7697

I have to concur with GCinTX. My HP Officejet 8600 drivers does have the Device Settings but it does not include the Mopier Mode setting.  It may be device specific -- so unfortunately my problem still exists. Would love to hear from others on possible solutions.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points