Skip navigation
chaznsc
Currently Being Moderated

Color issue from Mac to Printer Service

Feb 14, 2012 7:54 AM

Hello,

I created an image in PS CS5 for a brochure the company was having printed. On my monitor its blue, the printer came back with something that looked purple. When I print it in the office the color is somewhere in between.

What do I need to do to correct this?

chaz

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 14, 2012 8:08 AM   in reply to chaznsc

depending on your setup and profiles,

Photoshop can display a document incorrectly regardless of how it is printed

a printer can print a document incorrectly regardless of how it displays in Photoshop

this is true because a document's source space is independent of the monitor and print spaces

to correct this, you need to 1) get your Monitor, Source, Print profiles in order, 2) get your workflow in order to properly evaluate your proofing spaces, and 3) you need to get your colors within your print gamut

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 14, 2012 9:16 AM   in reply to chaznsc

chaznsc wrote:

...I created an image in PS CS5 for a brochure the company was having printed...

What program was used to create the brochure?

I would wager, as a wild guess, that the brochure was made in Microsoft Word. MS Word really only supports RGB art. A jump from blue to purple is a classic sign of unmanaged RGB art hitting a CMYK print workflow.

I would prepare the graphics in Photoshop as CMYK. Then place that image in a real page layout program. That could be InDesign, QuarkXPress, MS Publisher, Scribus, etc...

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points