Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

PAN: is there a way to force the first position ?

Feb 14, 2012 8:21 AM

Hello everyone

When you use the pan option in a block, is there a way to "force" the first view ?

for example: i wanna see the extreme RIGHT of my panoramic image, how can i do ?

it seems like it's only possible to have extreme LEFT as first/default view (?)

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 14, 2012 8:46 AM   in reply to jbalmain

Ha, was just going to double check this too.

The simple answer is no, all pan options force the image to the top left as a starting point.

If anyone one knows differently, I would also love to know how!

cheers

Alistair

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 14, 2012 11:29 AM   in reply to mobly

There is, but you'd need to get hold of a copy of the Drop 6 pre-release tools. The standalone Interactive Content Creator allows you to create an image pan with a specified starting x (or y for vertical pans) value.

|
    Mark as:
  • Bob Bringhurst
    4,643 posts
    May 29, 2007
    Feb 14, 2012 12:08 PM   in reply to mdc1313

For Pan & Zoom, you can determine the starting point of the image. For Pan Only, the starting point is always the upper left corner of the container frame and content frame. If all goes according to plan, this should change with the next release in early March. You should be able to change the starting point of scrollable frames.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 15, 2012 9:38 AM   in reply to jbalmain

I ran into this same problem, but I think I came up with a work around. First, place your text where you want it to start. Then place a blank box that starts at the left most part of the frame and that also covers the height the frame where the images will be panned through. Group the images with that blank box. Cut that grouped selection, then select the frame that has the pan only feature. Go to Edit>Paste Into. This should fix your problem. When you go to test it in the Content Viewer, it should place your text where you originally wanted it to start. Hope this helps.

Josh

|
    Mark as:
  • Branislav Milic
    177 posts
    Jan 12, 2010
    Feb 24, 2012 12:17 AM   in reply to Joshua Edgerly

Bob, do you confirm that the ability to change the starting point of scrollable frames is coming early March ? A part of my current project depends of that and I would like to announce it to my client. Thank you.

|
    Mark as:
  • Bob Bringhurst
    4,643 posts
    May 29, 2007
    Feb 24, 2012 1:19 PM   in reply to Branislav Milic

If you're going to announce future plans like that to your client, please mention that the plans are tentative. As is the case with any release, planned features can be dropped and dates can change. The v19 release is tentatively scheduled for March 12. It should include new scrollable frame options such as the ability to change the starting point and the ability to hide the scroll bar.

|
    Mark as:
  • Branislav Milic
    177 posts
    Jan 12, 2010
    Feb 24, 2012 1:25 PM   in reply to Bob Bringhurst

The ability to hide the scrolling bar was also something I have wished for.

I was also thinking... what about choosing the color/opacity of the scrolling bar ?

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 25, 2012 4:51 AM   in reply to Branislav Milic

One of the very nice features of Flash Catalyst (yes, sorry, I'll wash my mouth in a minute...) is/was to create your own scrollbar by whipping up a bar and a thumb, and declaring these together as your custom scroll bar.

InDesign is great at print and media design, layout, and typography, but the question is: what software or extra tool will helps us to design navigational elements, and keep track of them ? The buttons and MSO's do a good job, but there's more to be wished for. Like I'm waiting for a feature that knows that I'd like to construct an array of little bullets or other ornamental indicators on the Master page, to show the current page and sequence, like the automated page number did, back in the old age...

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points