• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How about an Eraser tool?

New Here ,
Jan 08, 2007 Jan 08, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How about an Eraser tool in "Advanced Editing" tools which could be used to remove extraneous marks from scanned documents?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 11, 2007 Jan 11, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It would be nice but, Acrobat isn't geared towards the manipulation of bitmap images. They sell Photoshop for that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 11, 2007 Jan 11, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If it's just a page or two you can get around this by using the crop tool to crop the file top/bottom /left/right until just the text or image (the desired information) is showing then when you go to print have the acrobat print menu to automatically center on the page and choose none for fit the margins or such (how much enlargement. you should a document with the correct amount of margins all around and none of the junk.

Now if this is for a ton of work then it would become tedious.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 10, 2007 Dec 10, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have also been looking for an eraser tool. I found a helpful tool in "Organic Tool Box". However the perfect eraser you can find in "Paperport" which accept "tif" files. Convert your "pdf" file to a "tif" file, do your document cleaning, straightening and OCR and save it as a "pdf" file. Works for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 31, 2008 Jan 31, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Though I'm currently using the PaperPort/OmniPage combination for creating/editing original documents, I was hoping to do away with both and use Acrobat. The Crop Tool doesn't help with extraneous marks like the Eraser Tool in Paperport does. I'm using Acrobat 8.1.1. Where is this 'organic tool box' located?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 25, 2008 Sep 25, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmm i'm searching for an eraser tool myself. Offcourse if you have the original in word, psd etc you can edit it here, but unfortunately often times you received pdf's from suppliers. If you covert it to tiff, edit it and pdf it back the font gets ugly. Hope this will be integrated it feature versions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 25, 2008 Sep 25, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If its not available it would be a neat idea. If you can find feedback request on the acrobat portion of the Adobe website. It would be a good feedback request for Acrobat 10 which will be out in two years (at least) I think. IF its not too complicated they might could add as an update to 9, Maybe?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 29, 2008 Sep 29, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree this would be nice. There are ways around it, but this would save some hassle. I agree they probably won't do it though :(

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 08, 2009 Mar 08, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This works for me:

1. In Acrobat, do a Save As to convert your PDF file to a TIF.
2. Open the TIF in Photoshop.
3. Do your erasing using the Eraser Tool.
4. Do a Save As to convert back to a "Photoshop PDF".
5. Open the new PDF in Acrobat to check the results.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 15, 2012 Feb 15, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did a workaround for this by creating a white rectangle to cover the area I didn't want.  does the trick for simple stuff. image 1.png

image 2.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Redaction tool can be used to do that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! I didn't know that.  unfortunately though the Redaction tool is only available with the Acrobat X Pro, and I just have Acrobat Pro. 

here is the link for anyone's who's interested:

http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobatpro/pdf-redaction.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 16, 2012 Feb 16, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Redaction Tool is available in Acrobat Pro.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 27, 2012 Feb 27, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

unfortunately though the Redaction tool is only available with the Acrobat X Pro, and I just have Acrobat Pro.

No, the Redaction tool cames with version 8: http://blogs.adobe.com/acrolaw/2009/07/redaction-tips-and-techniques-for-acrobat-9/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 21, 2013 Nov 21, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is one that I don't understand.  There's an eraser tool.  When I mouse over the eraser tool icon, it says "Erase Free Form By Clicking and Dragging".  I click on it and I get a target icon.  So I try to click and drag to clean-up the edges of scaned pages and it does nothing.  Why have the tool if it doesn't do anything?  I'm using standard XI.  I've got to convert it to a graphic or find another tool to do something this simple because I didn't purchase another product?  What is the eraser icon doing in the tools if it doesn't work?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 22, 2013 Nov 22, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It does work, but only for free form annotations, as it (not very clearly) says... So if you draw something with the Pencil tool you'll be able to delete parts of that drawing with the Eraser tool, but that's ALL it can do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 16, 2016 Mar 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That's my point ((worthless)) crapware! Oh by the way, you'll like it too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 16, 2016 Mar 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are all dreaming and bowing down to Adobe who certainly for the high price of their Acrobat product should and could offer easier and certainly more straight forward use of better tools. An eraser tool is certainly not farfetched or difficult to include to be able to remove text in any form of any file being pdf comments or whatever you have to erase. Adobe does not and will not listen to you. They could care less what you have to say or to ask for or even pay for. Like most high and mighty publishers, they will release it and you will like it period. Software has become and antagonizing frustrating expensive joke. It’s no wonder there is so much pirating and key generation as people are tired of paying through the nose for crapware.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines