• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Get number of viewers/statistics for stream

Community Beginner ,
Feb 16, 2012 Feb 16, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using Amazon CloudFront in connection with Adobe Flash Media Server to live stream an event using HTTP streaming.

How can I get basic stream statistics, including number of viewers?

http://docs.amazonwebservices.com/AmazonCloudFront/latest/DeveloperGuide/LiveStreamingUsingAmazonClo...

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 16, 2012 Feb 16, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

+1

or for any FMS version for viewers of hls/hds streaming....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 16, 2012 Apr 16, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still looking for the ability to generate statistics, such as how long a viewer watched for, etc...why are there no answers to this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 16, 2012 Apr 16, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In context of HDS/HLS streaming, logging capabilties is purely based on Apache logging framework. If you want to capture particular stats it will work exactly the same way that Apache supports.

Please let me know if this is what you were looking for or there is something else.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 17, 2012 Apr 17, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I actually ended up finding a commercial program to interpret the logs. All the information is there in the logs, I'm just surprised FMS doesn't provide a solution to view it. http://www.sawmill.net is the program, it appears to be working well (I'm using the trial version atm)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines