CS5 Mac Kuler - Not connected to the internet

Mar 14, 2011 6:25 PM

Latest reply: Arxibol, Mar 28, 2013 2:09 AM
Branched to a new discussion.
Replies 1 2 3 Previous Next
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jan 9, 2012 11:21 AM   in reply to giselaliga

Hi giselaliga,

Thanks for the reply and your patience. We'll see if we can figure this out. I'm on a Mac too. For me after clicking the Go button in the Go to Folder window I get another window that has the amt3.log file listed along with other temp files. This is what I see.

log.jpg

The amt3.log file gets written to when you using Kuler from within on the supporting apps, like in Photoshop CS5 for example when you go to Window > Extensions > Kuler. What program were you attempting to use Kuler within when you got the "Not connected to the internet message"? You're still getting it correct? Do you use any firewall software on your Mac other than the one included with the OS?

-Dave

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 9, 2012 2:41 PM   in reply to giselaliga

Hi giselaliga,

Glad you found the log, please email it to kulersvc@adobe.com

They will review it and follow up with you regarding the cause.

Thanks,

-Dave

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 13, 2012 9:57 PM   in reply to Scuzzi01

A quick search reveals that this issue has been posted on the net since 2008 and is still unresolved in 2012. Looking for a solution in the Adobe Forums or the entrails of a chicken produces the same results.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 16, 2012 9:22 AM   in reply to leomarie

Hi leomarie,

Although the issue has been around for sometime it does get resolved. The solution is different for different people and requires emailing the amt3.log to better understand the cause in each particular case. If you are experiencing the issue as well, please collect the log and email it to the kulersvc@adobe.com so we can better assist you.

-Dave

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 16, 2012 10:48 AM   in reply to David__B

You see, David, such responses, polite as they are, make cusomers shy away from Adobe. This is NOT the way you solve issues. You release a PATCH. Universal, that solves the problem for EVERYBODY. Adobe had 4 years to come with one. Their inability to do just that shows indiference or just lack of knowledge. You had enough time to understand the issue, now fix it... that's why we pay money for your stuff, because it includes support for non-pirated copies.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 16, 2012 11:13 AM   in reply to Undon3

Razielish,

I understand your sentiment and position. However, this particular issue is not one which affects everyone and unfortunately not something which could be resolved by a patch. Those experiencing the behavior that email their log files in are worked with on a case by case basis to assist in finding a solution. If you are experiencing the issue I would encourage you to do the same.

-Dave

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 29, 2012 12:11 PM   in reply to DanoDSM

Hi Dano,

Have you tried pinging this and check whether your Mac is able to reach Kuler servers or not:

Launch the terminal app within Mac and type this command: ping kuler.adobe.com -t

You should see the following messages to confirm that you Mac is able to reach Kuler server:

Pinging kuler.adobe.com [76.74.170.30] with 32 bytes of data:

Reply from 76.74.170.30: bytes=32 time=273ms TTL=234

Reply from 76.74.170.30: bytes=32 time=273ms TTL=234

Reply from 76.74.170.30: bytes=32 time=275ms TTL=234

Kuler server address is 76.74.170.30 .

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 30, 2012 4:04 AM   in reply to PrintFusion45

I'm still wonder why my Illustrator CS4 is working with Kuler fine, but CS5 Kuler can't connect.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 6, 2012 4:36 PM   in reply to Arxibol

Please send your amt3.log to kulersvc@adobe.com and we can investigate to better understand the cause in your case.

-Dave

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 4, 2012 5:10 PM   in reply to David__B

I also having problems connecting to Kuler, Firewall is completely turn off, connected to the Internet, speed is very good, using CS 5 illustrator, what the next step?

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 5, 2012 1:36 AM   in reply to CatWillHunt

Here is no 'next step'. Kuler haven't solutions for this problem. After reinstalling OS (now I'm Win 7 user) and few months of stable work, Kuler can't connect to Internet AGAIN! Of course, you can send amt3.log but I'm not sure that Kuler Team working on the problem (see the last reply from the Kuler Support). I have my own surmise about this crime: Adobe blocking some range of IP-adresses (including large amount of East European IPs). Why they blocking? To prevent or to stop server attack from Ukraine, for example.

So, if I'm right, no one can help us. If I'm not right, the question is still open.

P.S. My guess explains lack of Internet Connection for Ukraine and maybe for some 'hacker'-active countries only.

To CatWillHunt: It's not firewall or connection speed. It's completely Adobe problem. Completely!

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 12, 2013 9:55 PM   in reply to Arxibol

I in the US. Everything is fine with internet connection. Kuler connects in other versions of Illustrator/Photoshop, but not CS5. Is there a fix/update yet?

Is this being worked on? Can we please have Kuler working again?

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 13, 2013 2:00 AM   in reply to Lineslineslines3

Hello, LineLinesLines3. I've noticed that Kuler stop working (connecting to Internet) after installing latest version of Adobe Flash. (It's related to Windows 7 x64, not a Mac)

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 13, 2013 7:05 AM   in reply to Arxibol

I am on a Mac running Mountain Lion. Kuler for CS5, in Illustrator, has not worked for a long time. I would like to have a fix for this.

Is there some fix in the works?

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 13, 2013 7:13 AM   in reply to Lineslineslines3

We could never get this to work in CS5. Actually, only the upgrade to CS6 made Kuler work out correctly again. I know this is not really helping you, I've been through this myself, but in case you ever decide to upgrade, at least you'll know this problem is fixed...

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 13, 2013 7:51 AM   in reply to Undon3

I appreciate your sincerity for sure. Upgrading not being much of an option, I think Adobe could release some type of fix and get Kuler up an running in CS5 in respect to those who paid a large sum of money for it. Am I wrong to desire that this feature be operational?

Is a fix like this really difficult to implement?

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 27, 2013 10:16 PM   in reply to Lineslineslines3

Hi all,

I got the same problem here (Kuller extension not connected to the internet, and i use Photoshop CS5), and it has been solved by Unchecking "Allow extensions to connect to the internet" then Checking it again in Preferences ( Ctrl +K ) > Plug-ins . Magically, i can use my Kuller fine. But when you close PS then reopen it, u need to do that "Unchecking and Checking" again to make Kuller work!

I hope this will help you! And sorry for my bad English.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 28, 2013 2:09 AM   in reply to tuannguyen1811

Thanks you, tuannguyen1811

We know about this "magic". it's looks like workaround, but not fix the problem once and forever. Moreover, it's not solve Kuler problem in Illustrator.

|
    Mark as:
1 2 3 Previous Next
Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points