Skip navigation
Innovative_Paul77
Currently Being Moderated

Transitions to Custom Components

Feb 16, 2012 4:41 PM

Hello,

I am creating a timeline and have 34 different years in which I have information for.

I was unaware of the max. 20 state limit in FlashCatalyst until this afternoon. After reading the various blogs within this support section, I realized that the Custom Components could be used to break down these events by decades and therefore reduce the amount of project states needed. However, I am not able to transition between one Custom Component to another (within the same state)---is this possible? Or is it possible to transition between one project state and a custom-component state within a different project state?

Example: I have four years, 1977, 1980, 1983, and 1984 (I actually have another 30 years in my project, but this is just an example) . Within these years I have various artwork that pops up when a user clicks on that year. I've created a Custom Component within the Beginning State (project state) that combines 1977 and 1980. I tried to create another Custom Component with the Beginning State that would include years 1983 and 1984, but could not transition from one Custom Component to another.

Second trial:

I made a new project state (Years2) that included the custom component of years 1983 and 1984 and am attempting to then link back to a specific year within the Beginning State, but can only transition back to the Beginning State (default 1977) and cannot generate a choice for transition (77 or 80).

Any help on how I can transition from one component state to a different component state??

Thanks,

Paul

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points