Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

How to change layer name with Wacom pen?

Feb 16, 2012 9:22 AM

Anyone have any good tips on this?

50% of time I do this the style menu come up instead.

With mouse, no problem, with Wacom pen, this happens.

I don't see a right click option to change a layer name, maybe I don't see it? That would help a lot. thanks!

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 16, 2012 9:37 AM   in reply to kevin4545

Take extra care to double-click directly on top of the layer name itself, not in an empty space.

To change the layer name, your double-click must land completely inside the layer name target area in the panel list. If the pointer is slightly outside the layer name (even slightly above or below the name) you'll be clicking out in the larger list area, where double-clicking opens the Layer Style dialog box. My guess is that when double-clicking with the pen, the stylus is slipping slightly outside the layer name and so you open Layer Style instead.

You might also want to experiment with the Tip Double Click Distance in the Wacom tablet preferences.

|
    Mark as:
  • Pierre Courtejoie
    7,038 posts
    Jan 11, 2006
  • Trevor Dennis
    5,829 posts
    May 24, 2010
    Feb 16, 2012 1:08 PM   in reply to Pierre Courtejoie

I must admit I always use the mouse, but tried it out of interest, and using the 'upper' pen switch, it's working correctly every time, and so is a gentle double tap.  If you are using an Intuos4 then there was a new driver release earlier this year.

|
    Mark as:
  • Trevor Dennis
    5,829 posts
    May 24, 2010
    Feb 16, 2012 7:12 PM   in reply to kevin4545

kevin4545 wrote:

Trevor,

driver 6.1.5-2 Intuos 3.

This has plagued me since on got on board with Wacom 5 years ago. No problem with mouse, just with Wacom.  Is there a new driver for this?

I am using an Intuos 4 with driver 6.2.0w5

Kevin was it you I was discussing drivers with a few weeks ago?  No, I have found the thread:

http://forums.adobe.com/message/4186232#4186232

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points