Skip navigation
msuplantdoc
Currently Being Moderated

Elements 10- picture package printing menu

Feb 15, 2012 12:34 PM

Tags: #color #picture #print #package #management #menus

When normally printing a single image in Elements 10, I can now use the print flow on having Elements manage the color instead of the printer because my Epson R3000 has paper profiles. However, when attempting to print a picture package the menu choice of - printer or elements manages the color is not available. What's up? What is managing the color output. The "advanced" menu only offers one menu box without any info on the correct setting. Also, not sure how to configure the printer menus, which is a separate issue. Unlike, CS3, I also can't save the package as a photo document. Am I missing something?  Why can't I manage the printing like a regular image file? Thanks

Greg

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 16, 2012 2:34 PM   in reply to msuplantdoc

Printing from the Elements Organizer (i.e. Print Packages or Contact Sheets) does not support Color Managed printing. You have to print from the Photoshop Elements Editor to use color managed printing.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 16, 2012 2:55 PM   in reply to Brett N

How do you print a picture package or contact sheet from the pse editor on windows so you can have color managed printing?

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 16, 2012 4:52 PM   in reply to R_Kelly

There isn't really a direct method for this. The printing of packages and contact sheets doesn't include color managment info. So even if you were to print to JPEG or a PDF, the document would still be non-color managed. The only way to really a color managed workflow would be to manually build the picture package in the Editor.

Lightroom would be a better product to accomplish this type of workflow.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 16, 2012 5:44 PM   in reply to Brett N

Why not bring back the contact sheet II, picture package and web photo gallery back to the windows photoshop elements editor (where they used to be before the organizer) like the mac photoshop elements users have?

Untitled-1.png

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 17, 2012 8:35 AM   in reply to R_Kelly

Based on the icon and color of the UI, I can tell you are using Photoshop Elements 9 in this screen shot. However, Automation Tools under the File menu is normally greyed out. You have added these menu features to the program as they are not a part of the standard installation. Have you tried using the same method of adding these features to PSE9 in PSE10?

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points