Skip navigation
manfred20
Currently Being Moderated

Ist PSE 7 download not supported anymore?

Feb 19, 2012 5:57 AM

Hello to all forum members.

I use PSE 7 and PE 7 for 3 Years under Windows Vista.

I got a new PC running on Win7 and I would like to transfer both applications.

The plan was to download the applications as a test version, deactivate the versions on my old PC and re-activate them on my new one.

But for downloads of test version I'm always referred to Version 10.

I really would like to stick to Version 7. I'm used to it and it fits my porposes just fine.

Has anyone any idea, where I could download the Installation files?

I didn't them store 3 years ago, I assumed for that purchas price,the will be stored for members @ the adobe server for longer than 3 years ...

If anyone can give me advice, it will be most appreciated.

I'm writing to the forum, because in my attempt to contact the adobe service via e-mail I got utterly lost.

I have the impression, that's discouraged by adobe if not downright impossible.

Manfred20

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 19, 2012 6:03 AM   in reply to manfred20

You may be able to buy a used copy on eBay or Amazon. But Adobe is not going to offer downloads of a three-year-old program. Sorry.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 19, 2012 6:48 AM   in reply to manfred20

Nope, I don't speak for Adobe. I'm just saying -- you don't see Apple offering downloads of Mac OS9 or Microsoft offering downloads of Office XP either.

With such good, new product out there -- particularly software that's optimized to work on Windows 7 -- why would you expect them to offer free downloads of software that's three generations old?

Besides, don't you have your original installation discs?

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 19, 2012 8:12 AM   in reply to manfred20

>didn't them store 3 years ago

When you download software, especially large software that you paid for, you should always write the download files to a CD or DVD

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 19, 2012 10:57 AM   in reply to manfred20

If you look down the list I made in All the links for PRE 9, 8 and 7, v7 is still available from an external source.

Cheers,

--

Neale

Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your children

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 20, 2012 12:41 PM   in reply to manfred20

For earlier downloads of many Adobe programs, if one logs into their Adobe.com account (not the forums account, which will most likely be different), then their registered/purchased programs should show up. For the download, there might still be URL's available. If not, I would contact Adobe Customer Support (not Technical Support), and inquire about those old download links.

As others have mentioned, when I download a program, I do Copy those download files, just in case. However, with Adobe programs, I cannot recall the last time that I bought a download - I always buy the media, but that is just me.

Good luck, and hope that your download links ARE still available.

Hunt

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points