• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Audio out of sync h.264 file. Premiere CS5.5

Engaged ,
Feb 18, 2012 Feb 18, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After building a new machine with Premiere CS5.5, using NVIDIA Q4000 card, I'm having troubles wioth my audio being out of sync. I am exporting DSLR footage which the same sequence was previously fine on export on my old computer. Now, when I export, the audio is a few frames out of sync. There's something really funny going on. When I play the same video file in Windows media player, it seems to be in sync. When I play it in Quicktime, it's clearly out of sync. Also, when I upload it to Vimeo, it's out of sync as well.

If you'd like to see the specs of my computer, you will find them in this post:

http://forums.adobe.com/message/4211881#4211881

When I export the same file to Mpeg DVD, it seems in sync. Does this issue sound familiar to anyone?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Enthusiast , Feb 19, 2012 Feb 19, 2012

Refer to the raw footage to compare sound.

Refer to your sequence to make sure that you didn't push the audio out of synch at all.

Delete the media cache from the project and let premiere re-conform the audio.

Post the complete source, sequence and export settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Feb 18, 2012 Feb 18, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This sounds more like a playback issue rather than an encoding issue.  Unfortunately, you've chose about the two worst media players out there.

Try it in VLC, how's it work?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Feb 19, 2012 Feb 19, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jim

VLC player played it perfectly. The voice was in sync. However, the audio was out of sync slightly when I uploaded it to vimeo. Have you heard this happening before?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With your sequence preset and h264 output, are you keeping the audio sampling frequency the same as the source footage?

Also, have you sampled vimeo's playback on multiple systems?

Vimeo has given me good results on several projects.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 04, 2014 Jan 04, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, ahd another ?.  You mention to make sure the 'audio sampling frequency should be the same as the source footage. R u referring to whether it's 32 K or 48,000K?  If not, what are you referring to.

I looked that the properties from the original source footage - audio : bit rate 384kbps, channels 2, audio sample rate 48kHz - which is the same as the output listed in the MEDIA  Encoder window

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you heard this happening before?

I've never uploaded to that site.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. I've checked the frequency settings and I've played back on multiple systems with the same results.

Is there something else I could try or could I supply more information so you'd have a better understanding of what's happening.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Refer to the raw footage to compare sound.

Refer to your sequence to make sure that you didn't push the audio out of synch at all.

Delete the media cache from the project and let premiere re-conform the audio.

Post the complete source, sequence and export settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Feb 20, 2012 Feb 20, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Stephen,

I hope this is the correct information you requested.

export settings audio.jpg

Export settings video.jpg

sequence settings.jpg

Source footage.jpg

I will be posting soon about deleting the media cache files. Just in the process of testing now. Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok. I deleted all the Media Cache files. Re conformed all the audio. After export I'm still getting the same results. When I play the files on the Windows media player, it's fine. When I play the files on Quicktime, or upload the video to Vimeo, you can clearly see the difference. The audio is out of sync. I have also tried the same file on another system.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is a list of hardware on my computer...

Leadtek PCI-E Quadro 4000 2GB DDR5

Lite on IHBS212 Blue Ray writer

ASRock X79 Extreme 4 LGA2011 X79 DDR3 USB3 Motherboard

Corsair HX-750 ATX Power Supply Unit

Thermaltake Armor+ Full Tower Without PSU

2 G.Skill Ripjaws-X 8G Kit (4Gx2) DDR3 2133 F3-17000CL11D-8GBXL

Hitachi 3.5" Desktop 1TB SATA3 HDD 7200rpm

Seagate 3.5" Barracuda Green 2TB ST2000DL003 SATA3 %())RPM 64M HDD

CPU-I7-3930K Intel I7 3.2Ghz, LGA2011, 12M

Corsair CWCH60 H60 Universal Hydro High Performance CPU cooler

TP-LINK TL-WN821N USB 2T2R Upto 300M Wireless-N Network Adapter

Blackmagic Decklink Intensity Pro

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cripes, what I've seen looks in order. I don't think it is a hardware issue.

Is the audio consistent, or does it drift?

The Audio in the sequence is wav extracted from raw footage, no? Was the audio recorded in camera? Was it a multicamera shoot? Was the original audio\video file the same sampling frequency? Same fps as the sequence?

And, if the audio was doctored outside of premiere, is there a chance that the time was altered?

Are the audio and video locked together on the timeline? Was it locked throughout the process?

Do you monitor the audio through the Blackmagic Decklink Intensity Pro while editing? Does the windows media player also use the card? I only ask because I had a matrox card that did this. If the Card's audio is looped back through the system, it could cause the delay in playback monitoring.

The source sequence is 50fps and the output is 25 fps. Have you tried outputing a 50fps file? Is the source footage 50fps?

If you export an un-edited source clip from the project, do you still get the issue?

All those questions aside, it seems really strange that it plays fine on the timeline, WMP, and VLC, but QT and Vimeo don't work for you. Are you getting the exact sme delay in QT and Vimeo? Could you post a link to the vimeo page? Have you tried test a youtube upload. Have you tried a HD WMV, mpeg2 or DVD of the project?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm starting to lean towards Jim's insight. Quicktime is no daisy. However I have never had issues with vimeo. As well as trying a 50 fps h.264 file, you might raise or lower the audio bitrate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 21, 2012 Feb 21, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The source footage appears to be AVCHgd  which I believe is a lite version of AVCHD.

Wonder if this has any bearing on the issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

I think the issue could be related to the audio settings on my machine. I have outputed to a mpeg file which plays correctly, but when I imported the file into Adobe Encore on another machine, I got this result:

Forum images.jpg

and here is a zoomed out image of the same sequence in Encore

zoomed out.jpg

So I think there could be something wrong with the sound card settings or setup. I really don't know .   Stephen, I tried the 50fps setting and got the same result. I checked the sequnce and it's definitely in sync on the timeline because I can see when the audio is playing and it's perfect output and yes, I'm using the blackmagic sequnce, however, because my IT guy thinks it has something to do with the Sound cards conflicting, he's turned on only one soundcard. I hope the info I've provided is useful!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have some still images on your timeline?  The only time that I have had this happen a group of stills was the cause.  It was not the audio that was affected, but the stills set at 6 seconds on the timeline, did not come out at quite that after encoding.

The still image files did not appeaer to be corrupted - they opened and could be edited in Photoshop - but the only way round the problem was to go back to the originals off the SD card and re-edit them, and use these to replace the originals in the project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Feb 23, 2012 Feb 23, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. Ok there are some still images on my timeline.

I haven't played around too much with them, but then I thought I'd open up Quicktime and play around with the settings. I changed the audio settings from .mov to AAC and now the video plays fine in the quicktime player, however the audio is still the same when I play it in Vimeo. Does this make any sense?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 02, 2012 Mar 02, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem. quicktimes with h264, vimeo and youtube even.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 02, 2012 Mar 02, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Disabling my blackmagic audio device and enabling it again fixed it for me. Also a restart had fixed it in the past but sadly not for long.

Hopefully it'll not break again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 29, 2013 Mar 29, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How did you solve this? Everytime whether I export to .mov or mp4 from my project the audio is out of sync by  half a second. I have the BlackMagic as well. When I made a DVD or a Blu-ray the audio is in sync no problem. I'm not using the BM for audio just video. I am using the Adobe desktop for audio.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Mar 30, 2013 Mar 30, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I solved this because I realised my audio was out of sync. when I went back to the timeline, the audio really was out of sync. Does that answer your question?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No really cause my audio is in sync on the timeline and only out of sync when I make MP4 or mov's. It is only in sync when I export MPEG or MPEG for Blu-ray. It's a major bug with CS6 and I can't believe they don't fix this.....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure it is a bug.  My exports always come out in perfect sync.

What are you using to play back the files?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have RedONE 4K files in a 1920x1080 24fps 23.976 sequence. I full feature independent film in the Premiere CS6 timeline. It plays back on the timeline perfectly in sync but when rendered to anything but MPEG or MPEG for Blu-ray it is off by a half second or so consistently.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 08, 2013 Apr 08, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you get an answer @whiskey3?

I am also encountering this Error With r3d Files, In a 1920x1080 comp! Plays back on timeline fine, But then h264 output, conistantly puts it 2 seconds out for me? any ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines