since the new version X our plugin doesn't work anymore when using it with Win7. WinXP still works fine with version 10.X and version 9.X works fine with all OSs. We are using the following method:
and on Win7 systems an errorcode "Access Denied" is returned.
Anybody any idea? Any known bug?
I searched the adobe site and ended up at the following place:
There I have to buy support for what seems to me a bug in Acrobat/Reader X?
- All versions 7.X-9.X under all OSs (XP, Vista, 7) work with the plugin.
- Also WinXP (don't know about vista) with acrobat X is working
=> Is there a different way to open a formal support case without charge?
Just for the sake of completeness:
The problem was due to the new security "features" of acrobat / reader. The following document helped alot - i just created a policy file and now everything is working again.
Thanks ToM_1st- exactly the solution for my problem. I followed the steps in 188.8.131.52
1. Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Adobe\Acrobat Reader\10.0\FeatureLockDown. 2. Right click and choose
1. Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Adobe\Acrobat Reader\10.0\FeatureLockDown.
2. Right click and choose
New > DWORD Value
3. Create bUseWhitelistConfigFile.
4. Right click on bUseWhitelistConfigFile and choose Modify
5. Set the value to 1 to enable the white list.
then make a file-
with one policy Whitelist line
; Files Section
FILES_ALLOW_ANY = c:\*
then save that file in-
C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Reader 10.0\Reader
what a major pain. i guess someday i will sit down and read the manual. Warning, i am sure i have exposed myself to something bad with the c:\* ! maybe create a particular folder to quarantine/isolate incoming PDFs for security purposes.
of course in Win7 had to switch to be an admin user to do this. Then I couldn't even read the AppSecurity manual i had just downloaded.