Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Old Encore CS5 Project won't open Error "Adobe Encore has stopped working"

Feb 16, 2012 3:25 AM

Tags: #encore_cs5

When I try to open an old project in Encore CS5 I get the following message "Adobe Encore has stopped working" and then Encore closes.

Other projects open fine and I don't have any other problems with Encore in them.

I have tried all the steps here  http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/406/kb406006.html   apart from the deleting the mlf.cache.v10 file. It isn't in the cache folder of this project, but is in my more recent projects. Possibly because it was originally created in CS3 or even Encore 1.5 and then later opened and saved in CS5.

Also the project is being opened from a different drive from where it was last opened successfully, I dont know if that may be the problem.

Can anyone help? It is recreatable, but is quite a complex project and I'd rather not have to.

Thanks in advance.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 16, 2012 5:39 AM   in reply to casc2012

Encore project corrupt relatively easily and once there is a problem, it is difficult to sort out.

The only easy problem is when you move things around (I.e. different drive) and have not saved it again.

The Encore project file is at the top of the folder structure for that Encore project. And if you moved any of the folders inside that structure, it won't work. Move the folders back so that you have folder-that-holds-the Encore-project file/all-other-folders-for-the-Encore-project

If you've moved assets (which are not in that folder structure), you can relink them, but that requires getting the project to open.

Not optimistic.

You might also create a new project and do the basic recreation (import menus frm the old project; import assets etc) and see if it fails at some point that might indicate a faulty file.

I would save a copy (which you probably already have), and try deleting the transcode/session files.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 16, 2012 5:48 AM   in reply to casc2012

If you cannot open you will have to start over.

You can save the menu if not saved separately from

Sources/menu in the main folder of the project on your disk.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 16, 2012 6:41 AM   in reply to casc2012

is there anyway to find out the original file location / folder structure of when the project was first created or last saved?

I don't think you have to worry about that. The "outer folder" for Encore is just like a root. Whereever the Encore project file is, it doesn't care about any folders except the ones below it. (Except for permissions which is a whole 'nother problem; and might create your issues. But let's assume permissions are not the issue.) You just have to be sure that you didn't change the names or relations of the folders under the project file.

The most common error here is renmaing the project file or putting the project file inside one of the folders that needs to be below it (so it doesn't "see" what it is looking for) or moving it without moving the folders with it.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 20, 2012 6:27 AM   in reply to casc2012

Sometimes the hard way is the only way...

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points