Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Some bugs in FMG

Feb 20, 2012 Feb 20, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First of all I'm very happy this product is being developed, as it fills a big gap that exists  right now in the field of unified communications / web telephony. Keep up the good work guys, I'm patiently waiting for the next release.

In the meantime here are some bugs. I'm sure as I continue to develop my application I'll find more but here are some of the most annoying that I've found so far:

1. You can't create a valid SIP gateway profile in sip.xml without specifying the userName property. This is problematic because legService.createCall takes a parameter callerNumber that would normally be supplied where the "username" goes in an outbound SIP call to allow the destination to see the proper caller ID. The callerName parameter of legService.createCall corresponds to the display name in a SIP call, and this works properly, but endpoints who receive calls from FMG through a SIP gateway have no way to see the actual "number" they were called from. Given that SIP profiles in sip.xml support authUsername to override userName for authentication, I have no idea why the userName property is mandatory.
  2. While onLeg presents the proper callerIDName and callerIDNumber for inbound calls to FMG, for outbound calls through SIP gateways there is no way to actually receive the caller name of the remote party. Normally the remote caller name wouldn't be received via SIP until later in the SIP dialog, but what that means is onLegUpdate or onLegMessage need to be updated to include the remote party's caller name.
  3. As has already been mentioned lots of times here H.264 video doesn't work in Flash Player 11.
TOPICS
Media gateway

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Deleted User

#1. Acknowledged. Next build update on Lab will have feature to supplement SIP Profile with AuthUserName instead of username so that dynamic callerIDs can be passed on from FMS in all cases.

#2. Acknowledged. FMG doesn't provide updates of remote-party-ID. And we do plan to support it in future.

#3  New release of Flash Player 11.2 has already been fixed for H.264 playback.

Call transfer is something which fits well with FMG's roadmap.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd also like to add that FMG doesn't appear to support SIP call transfer events at the moment either.

All the above make any kind of serious application that integrates into common SIP infrastructure difficult. I read in another thread that the FMG dev team doesn't consider call transfer a priority feature. Are you serious? If FMG isn't going to support extremely basic SIP events such as call transfer then it might as well be toy; I don't think anyone, including myself, would waste time developing for it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

#1. Acknowledged. Next build update on Lab will have feature to supplement SIP Profile with AuthUserName instead of username so that dynamic callerIDs can be passed on from FMS in all cases.

#2. Acknowledged. FMG doesn't provide updates of remote-party-ID. And we do plan to support it in future.

#3  New release of Flash Player 11.2 has already been fixed for H.264 playback.

Call transfer is something which fits well with FMG's roadmap.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the info. I have one more question: I noticed that the sample sip phone application includes support for receiving video but does not appear to have any support for sending video (say, from a webcam). Is this is a limitation of FMG/FMS, or is it possible but would need to be written in?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines