Skip navigation
MRD1975
Currently Being Moderated

Premiere Elements 10 MAC OSX, can't export to AVI or WMV and Crashes everytime

Feb 18, 2012 2:28 PM

I recently bought Adobe Premiere Elements 10 3 days ago, instead of FCPX because of pricing issues (Difference around 175€). This App, since i have installed it, keeps crashing every time, with simple actions like split a clip, adding a effects, using subtitles, etc. A video editing app that only exports to wmv or avi on pc version is shameful. I can't even use flip for mac to export to wmv... witch is one of the most used file extensions around the world as well as AVI. This information is not shared on the app store, and i found it later on forums and on adobe website. I am not happy at all and I wish to have my money back. Since i bought it on the Apple App Store, they told me to talk directly to adobe.

The order number is: MH3SJK7FDJ

Waiting for your response

Regards

Martim Durão

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 18, 2012 3:07 PM   in reply to MRD1975

If you'd like to  contact Adobe, please click the Contact Adobe button at the bottom of very page on this web site.

This is a user-to-user forum and a place to come to ask fellow Premiere Elements users for help. If you're unhappy with the program, we can't do anything for you.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 19, 2012 1:30 AM   in reply to MRD1975

If you came here for help, we need this information to proceed.

Where did you get the clips from? Clip properties? What exactly are you doing when the crash happens? What OS version is it that you have? What do you mean when you say that PrE can export only to AVIs and WMVs?

If you came here only to complain to Adobe, do as Steve says..

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 20, 2012 12:52 PM   in reply to MRD1975

Martime,

If you have purchased Premiere Elements, within 30 days, then Adobe offers a full, money-back guarantee, and all you will have to do is contact Adobe with your S/N and invoice info, to return the program for a full refund. Just do not let the 30 days pass.

As for the Supported Export File Formats, see this Adobe KB Article. Note the "Windows Only" besides AVI and WMV.

Now, many Mac-users have had good luck with Flip4Mac, regarding WMV files. Not sure why that is not working for you. Most of those users are on PrPro, but I would not think that would make a real difference, but could be wrong there?

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points