Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

PSD layer information not preserved on import

Feb 17, 2012 12:04 PM

Tags: #photoshop_touch #bug_report

In updating my review/walkthrough to represent changes added by 1.1.1 ( nice work BTW! ), I came across a minor bug.

When loading a PSD from Creative Cloud, layer information is not being preserved.  So now you can export to PSD, edit on the desktop, but there is currently no way to bring the PSD back into Photoshop Touch with layer information intact.

A small bug, but a bug none the less.

Great work on the updates, keep em coming!

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 20, 2012 2:30 AM   in reply to Serapth2

Hi,

If you are referring to that there's only one layer when importing to PS Touch:

According to "How do I open a Photoshop Touch file in Photoshop, and vice versa?" http://forums.adobe.com/docs/DOC-1336

this is as expected:

You can save the file with layers, but layers are flattened when the file is opened in Photoshop Touch.

Thanks,

Ignacio

Message was edited by: ibarrien

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 20, 2012 1:11 PM   in reply to ibarrien

Just want to also add:

When I save a project in Autodesk's Sketchbook Pro for Android as a PSD file, upload it to Creative Cloud and then try to import it in PS Touch, the PSD is not opening correctly. It basically imports as a blank layer. Importing the same PSD file into Photoshop Elements 9 gives me no problems and the file opens just as created with layers and all. (Of course, I know that PS Touch is supposed to import the PSD file as one flattened layer.)

It's not a big deal, knowing the present limitations of PS Touch, but I thought I'd mention it just the same. I can just export as PNG from Sketchbook Pro and all is well. (Does anyone find it odd that I have to upload a PSD file straight from my tablet to the Creative Cloud just to import it into PS Touch itself? Why not just be able to import it right from the tablet?)  xD

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 21, 2012 1:45 AM   in reply to Warunicorn

ok, thanks for clarifying.

Taking this off-thread, I've sent you a private message with my contact details.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 14, 2012 3:34 AM   in reply to ibarrien

It should have been fixed by now. You'll need to upload the file again though since the old rendition still exists.

Thanks,

Ignacio

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 14, 2012 12:58 PM   in reply to ibarrien

Works great now, thanks! 

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)