Skip navigation
NathalieSven
Currently Being Moderated

Lightroom error after picture recovery

Feb 21, 2012 2:59 AM

Hallo All,

Since 3years my partner is using Lightroom.

Last year he had done a format C, but because he had recently changed the names of his multiple hard disks, he formatted the wrong one.

He had erased all of our pictures by mistake...

We were able to recover some of them but their are some problems, we can see the pictures in lightroom but then we see some warnings and cant change/access the pictures.

Some pictures have a question mark next to them (warning is: picture missing) and some have an exclamation point behind it (warning is: some problems have occur in lightroom while reading this picture).

I am not at all a lightroom user and even less a computer expert, but since all of my daughters pictures (since she is born) were lost, i hope to be able te retrieve some of them...

1.png2.pngYou can find a print screen of the errors i see... Since we can still see the pictures in lightroom I have some hope that not every picture is lost...

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 21, 2012 3:46 AM   in reply to NathalieSven

Nathalie,

When Lightroom imported your pictures it made previews of all of them.  That is what you see in lightroom, even though the master images are missing. The previews are of slightly lesser quality than the orginals, but lots better than nothing at all. There is a free program that will let you view and create JPEGs from the preview files. It is called LRViewer and is available here:

http://mac.softpedia.com/get/Graphics/LRViewer.shtml

Hal

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points