Skip navigation

Adobe CS6 - Breaking News!

Nov 16, 2011 7:43 AM

Latest reply: Jim Simon, Feb 28, 2012 9:29 PM
Replies 1 2 Previous Next
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 14, 2012 3:50 AM   in reply to Christian Jolly

Since most of my work is in web design and front-end development I am going to use Coda instead of Dreamweaver and Axure instead of Fireworks. I still use Lightroom 3 for my digital assets and use Premiere every now and then even though most of the features I need are build-in to iMovie and even directly in YouTube (if I upload content there).

I use CS3 now and can't find any reason to change.

In a freelance gig I currently working at I have a beast Mac desktop with 4 quad core xeon processors and CS5.5 has the same old buggy issues. so what's the point?

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 14, 2012 4:05 AM   in reply to Goomi

Hope Adobe Premiere will listen to their customer base. We will keep the Adobe platform at least for one year more. Everythings depends on CS6, and I'm not telling about resources, but support, bug fixes mainly. I don't expect to get a bug free application at the release. But they didnt fix the audio loop bug while working with XDCAM HD 4:2:2, reported 8 months ago. Embarrassing.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 14, 2012 9:53 AM   in reply to Goomi

Mac desktop...same old buggy issues

Works great on Windows, especially when you build your own.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 17, 2012 8:38 AM   in reply to Roberio Oliveira

Entitlement minded people are annoying and don't get it.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 20, 2012 8:09 PM   in reply to pskjr@aol.com

Agreed. The folks at Adobe should listen to paying customers instead of thinking they are entitled to our money with no responsibility for quality or usability. After all, a paying customer is entitled to a working product... right?

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 20, 2012 8:24 PM   in reply to Jim Simon

Yeah, it works great when you don't use it for more than 30 minutes or so and you only keep one file open. Start using Dreamweaver for extended periods, if you don't experience one or two crashes a day you will be the first person I've spoken with who had that experience. I've run Dreamweaver on 5 or 6 PC's and a MAC. Two of the PC's I built, the rest bought. I've had issues on every one of them. Photoshop, however, has never given me a problem. Nor has Illustrator.  But Dreamweaver and Fireworks glitches occur regularly. I'm just curious why Adobe skips over so many cries for fixes, requests for interim patches, and basic updates to keep Adobe's web development products on par with their open source (free) competition. No LESS support? No Coffeescript? No jQuery support (jQuery Mobile, but not jQuery?? What were you thinking?). And what about apps? Adobe's version of "extensions" is so 1999. Adobe fanboys can write this off as a rant. But I'm speaking the truth, and I've spent long enough in the community that I can say with confidence that anyone who uses Dreamweaver or Fireworks professionally will agree. I personally paid $3k Adobe licenses this past year, and everything I'm mentioning is supported by virtually every single one of Dreamweaver's competitors: notepad++, textmate, sublime, WebStorm, and many others. And most of them are free. $3k folks. That gives me anyone a right to rant.

Adobe, please make good on your promise to people like me who want your products to work so badly that we paid seriously rediculous amounts of cash to use them.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 26, 2012 4:59 AM   in reply to John T Smith

I thank you too. but creative suite has a lots of bugs unsolved throughout versions and versions. sorry.

so every new version now contains useless childish features but there are dozens of "simple" things unsolved or hard to achieve.

Flash - crappy bugy pen tool continues drawing at random points (not from the last point of the actual line),

color panel alpha slider jumps back to 99%, crashes, no way to  set the line tool to "no scale" mode without workaround. etc...

Photoshop - no way to preview an effect if it is on a layer containing only small things, because you cant see any underlaying layer.
    no real preview for effect like lens blur.
    no way to organize fonts - I have to scroll over all the oriental characters even if I won't use it (on Windows platform), and there's no other way to organize fonts to different families too.
    the rendered fonts are ugly as H |= LL !! --> if you can use 3d for childish useless basic 3d modelling, you can do it for advanced visual rendering.

the graphic card integration is chaotic.

the wacom tablet support is even no close to include tool ID. the fancy 3d brush-cursors are jumping around, while the pen moves.

illustrator tools doesn't catch tool keystrokes in the air.
    I have to click with the tool (whatever it is, and whatever I do in this step what I don't want to do, and therefore I have to undo it before changing-tool-with-shortkey)

I'll wait for the bugs to be fixed.

I don't care the new features, because I hadn't even got what I payed for in CS4, so I am skipping CS5 CS5.5.

AND when the bugs will be fixed, i pay for the upgrade, and checksum how much did it cost e.g.

a flawless pen tool for flash. b/c none of the versions till these days have a flawless basic vector pen tool.

But I think little by little people will migrate to open source solutions, b/c it is very hard to work with crappy softwares 8-10 hours a day.

Useless of thinking all the time about fancy features, b/c the whole world of design will tend to shortcut for open source friendly or low cost ways,
    skipping things that doesn't worth the effort with the struggle.

if there are no bug fixes it is no reason to upgrade. you folks got to decide: you want to create toys for children or professional tools for WORK.
    if you want to create toys, you can create another title such as Adobe Fun Suite.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 26, 2012 5:04 AM   in reply to Jim Simon

It isn't true, sorry.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 28, 2012 9:56 AM   in reply to Christian Jolly

Adobe announced the discontinuation of CS Review "on April 12th, 2012

Uh...where'd you see that?  My understanding was that it was free until then, being a paid service thereafter.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 28, 2012 12:40 PM   in reply to Christian Jolly

Well that is disappointing.  I used the service quite a bit, and found it the best method so far for client review and correction.

I wonder if the same holds true for Story, which was also suppose to be free until the 12th, being paid thereafter.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 28, 2012 9:29 PM   in reply to Christian Jolly

As long as it's integrated, and will jump to the same frame in a sequence that a comment is made on, I guess I won't complain.

(So basically, as long as it's CS Review+)

|
    Mark as:
1 2 Previous Next
Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (1)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points