• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Call customize functions using F_ApiCallClient (FDK 10) without opening FM10.

New Here ,
Feb 21, 2012 Feb 21, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Team,

We have installed the FM 10 Server, FDK 10 & VS2010. This is windows 7 64 bit machine.

We have functionality which create the menu in FM10 server. We have implemented this functionality using C++. It's a DLL and added in C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\AdobeFrameMakerServer10\AdobeFrameMaker10\fminit\MyDll.dll. When we open the FM 10 client then it load our customized menu in FM 10 Client. We have customized functionlity on menu items click which calls above validate DLL to process on FM files.

Now, we have another C++ DLL which is getting called from application. This DLL opens FM application and calls MyDll DLL invoks same functionality which can be done from FM application. As we have to call MyDLL functionality from new C++ DLL we first open FM 10 application and then calling MyDLL functionality using FDK 10 APIs.

We are using sequect of FAPI function call to perform this operation

Please refer to following sequence of function calls

1 . F_ApiAllocatePropVals

2 . F_ApiWinConnectSession (This will open FM application)

3 . F_ApiCallClient API (call the function from MyDll)

Now here, first it open the FM 10 application and then calls MyDLL functionlity. So if multiple users open different application instances which internalli opens up FM apllication results in multiple FM10 Instances which we would like to avoid.

Is it possible in using any FDK function we can call our DLL in FM application without opening the FM 10 client?

Any Inputs or pointer will be helpful.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

amitbk,

I believe you are looking for an asynchronous client. I have no expertise with this type of client, so the best I can do is direct you to the (outdated) FDK documentation. I think this is what you want, but you might need to get some help from someone else for more info. There are people on the Yahoo Framedev list that know about asynchronous clients:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Frame_dev

Russ

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Russ

I will add this post on Frame_Dev yahoo group.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines