Skip navigation
d-sgrindstaff@charter.net
Currently Being Moderated

Camera recognition

Feb 18, 2012 6:36 PM

Tags: #camera

Canon G3 4.0 camera is not recognized by new computer (Windows 7); any way to enable this camera? 

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 19, 2012 2:52 AM   in reply to d-sgrindstaff@charter.net

Hi,

I think we need a little more information.

Are you saying that windows doesn't see your camera or that a version of PSE doesn't recognise a RAW file from the camera?

If windows doesn't see it, the simplest answer is to buy a card reader and use that. I suspect that you may not be able to get a windows 7 driver from Canon.

What was your old system (which presumably would recognise the camera)?

If it is a problem with PSE, which version are you using?

Have you tried Zoombrowser (from Canon) to see if that recognises the camera?

Brian

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 19, 2012 7:22 AM   in reply to d-sgrindstaff@charter.net

Shirley,

I think that your best bet is get a card reader. They come in various forms, connect to a USB port and are relatively cheap these days.

I never connect my camera, I always remove the card and use a reader. The reader may also be faster to download the photos.

Brian

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 19, 2012 7:43 AM   in reply to d-sgrindstaff@charter.net

Shirley,

I have been to the Canon UK site and there are details of how to download images from a G3 under windows 7 - so it should be possible.

The instructions use the Canon CameraWindow software which you should be able to down load from the Canon site. It may well install a driver that would allow PSE to download too.

Good luck

Brian

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 21, 2012 12:52 PM   in reply to d-sgrindstaff@charter.net

Shirley,

Glad that your are now working OK. Using the card reader should mean faster downloads of your photos as the camera was only a USB 1.0 device whereas (hopefully) your reader is a USB 2 one (at least).

Just one little word of warning though. You are using compact flash cards I think - be careful when inserting them in the camera or reader. Some people have rushed at it and bent one of the small pins. If you're careful, everything should be OK.

Good luck

Brian

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points