Skip navigation
dannrendon2
Currently Being Moderated

Incorrect file name when importing pictures from camera

Feb 5, 2012 8:53 AM

Tags: #photo_downloader #photoshop_elements_10

I am using PE 10 on Mac Snow Leopard.

When I import pictures from my camera and select "Rename Files" with "Custom Date" + "Shot Date" (any format), the file name includes the custom name correctly, but the date part of the file name is some random date (with a weird year: 1913, 1969). Note the example shown on the Photo Downloader is usually the one used. The shot date in the meta data is usually correct. This appears to be similar to a problem when using the "Create Subfolder" option.

Any ideas why or a work-around?

I was using PE 8 and did not have this problem.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 6, 2012 7:58 AM   in reply to dannrendon2

Hi Dannrendon2,

This is a known issue with APD (Adobe Photodownloader). The workaround for this problem is to remove the card from camera, place the card in a card reader and then try to import the files (through APD). Hope it would work fine.

Let me know if problem persists.

Thanks.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 7, 2012 5:09 AM   in reply to dannrendon2

Hi dannrendon2,

Importing from card reader is a workaround for this scenario.

The issue is a known one as I've seen related posts on some forums. Hope a fix arrives soon.

Thanks

andaleeb

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 21, 2012 12:29 PM   in reply to andaleebfatima1

Same problem here.  I have a brand new iMac running Lion 10.7.3, fully updated, and brand new software from Adobe (bundled Photoshop elements and Premiere 10).  My first attempt to download photos from my Nikon D40 resulted in a mess of randomly dated photos in randomly named folders (years like 2034, 1970, 1913, etc).  This is unnacceptable because I use the folder and file naming to help organize photos by year.  I've seen posts on here from last fall having the same problem.  ADOBE, PLEASE FIX THIS.   

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 21, 2012 12:42 PM   in reply to dannrendon2

Hi,

Good news there is now a fix:

The Elements Team has posted fixes for these issues:

Mac: http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/930/cpsid_93...

Win: http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/930/cpsid_93...

Brian

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 27, 2012 12:33 AM   in reply to dannrendon2

Hi dannrendon2,

Have you successfully run the PSE10_Hot.dmg file? You will not see any change in PSE10 or PhotoDownloader , it is just for fixing the issue of incorrect date format .

Please follow all the steps mentioned in KB article link mentioned above. Finally when you installed the updater there would be a message of successful installation .

If there is a failure in your updating process [In your case it is second attempt of updation, there may be a failure] , uninstall your application , check if there is any residual file in application folder under Elements Organizer or Photoshop Elements (delete them). Now again install PSE10 and try to update PSE10_HotFix.dmg updater. There should be a successfully completed message.

Thanks,

Nizam

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points