I keep hitting what looks like a bug in Flash Builder 4.5, and I'm wondering if anyone else has seen it or can help me find a workaround.
The problem occurs when I choose Export Release Build... and try to build an APK for Android. In the second screen of the wizard, under the Package Contents tab, there's a file list and you're supposed to select the files you want in the package. Simple enough. The problem is that this file list does not consistently reflect updates to the project file structure. So I usually see an outdated file list, which might or might not have all the files I actually need to put into the package.
There doesn't seem to be a way to force the wizard to rescan the project and rebuild this list. I've tried restarting Flash Builder, deleting bin-release-temp, cleaning all projects, and a few other things besides. So far nothing works. (The Flash view always picks up my changes within a few seconds.)
It seems like my only option is to use the command-line compiler. Not the end of the world, but I'd rather that the wizard just do what it's supposed to do.
Anyone have any ideas?
Thanks for the suggestion. I checked, but that doesn't seem to be the problem in my case. I've attached a screen shot showing the problem – the list of source files in the Flash view doesn't match the list of source files in the Export Release Build wizard. The red boxes highlight one of the areas where they differ.
The file I want to include is StagesLoader/assets/game/assets.swf. (The directory StagesLoader/assets is included into the project as a separate source path.) As you can see, the "rooms" folder in that directory is available in the export wizard, but "assets.swf" is not.
I had the same problem. I don't know if it is relevant or not but I'm using tortise SVN. I noticed I had an un-versioned directory named "bin-release-temp" that didn't have my missing assets/images direcories in it. I did an SVN export of the missing files to the bin-release-temp directory an viola, the missing directories showed in the package list and were compiled into the APK I was building. HTH.
Ex Malterra's work around was the only thing that would work for me on Flash Builder 4.6. I had to go through the Export Release Build process, but stop when it came time to selecting the Package Contents. I then clicked cancel, and found the "bin-release-temp" directory (a sibling of the src and bin-debug directories). I then copied the missing assets to their correct places in the bin-release-temp directory. This bug really needs to be fixed. I looked through JIRA but could not find the bug that BrijeshP stated was filed.
Also if you notice folders listed in this list that are no longer in your project, I found that deleting the bin-debug folder fixed this. You would think that a project clean would do this automatically, but it does not.
Europe, Middle East and Africa