Skip navigation
qwerawerasdfqwer
Currently Being Moderated

BrowserLab does not handle zooming correctly.  (Not ready for Prime Time)

Feb 19, 2012 10:52 AM

Hello,

Just a heads up, BrowserLab does not handle zooming correctly.  For example, if you go to IE9 and open a web page, then zoom to 400%, you will get a webpage that looks significantly different than if you go BrowserLab and render a webpage for IE9 and then zoom to 400%.  Give it a try.

I also attempted to set the zoom factor first, but it made no difference.  This is true of all the browsers i tested (Chrome, Firefox, & IE).

This is very easy to verify, go to any browser and then zoom the page, then go to BrowserLab and zoom the page.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 21, 2012 2:51 PM   in reply to qwerawerasdfqwer

Thanks for the report, but this is not a bug, the feature is working as designed.

From its inception, the zoom feature within browserlab was intended as a way for users to look at sections of the screenshots more closely, it was not intended to match zoom behaviors within the various browsers. What we do is simply scale up the image on the client. I don't think we've ever had a request to allow testing of the browser zoom functionality through BrowserLab. Is this something you actually need?

Thanks,

Mark

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points