• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

My first iPhone/iPod touch/iPad game! (built with CS5.5)

New Here ,
Feb 21, 2012 Feb 21, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey everyone!

Tonight it finally happened, Apple approved my game that have been my plague and blessing for over a year now. Completely built with AIR and using nativeExtensions (for the physical mute button so far). I thought it could be interesting for my fellow developers to see a living example of a Flash built game on the AppStore.

Clear Vision (17+)

http://itunes.apple.com/app/id500116670?ls=1&mt=8

It will make you 0.99$ closer to living on the street but hopefully it'll bring you some joy as well;)

Take care y'all!

Dan

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks brutal. Give us some promo codes.

2 Questions, how do you have 20 ratings in the first day? Is there some sort of marketing you are doing for the app?

Second question you says its your first app yet FDG Entertainment lists a bunch of apps on iTunes, is this some sort of group design place?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Mark!

I have been the one to develop this game. As you can see in game the game has been developed by dpflashes.com and distributed by FDG Entertainment.

I am the developer, they market and distribute the game.

Yes I have recieved 20 ratings durong this first day. Some from friends and family and some from buyers I guess:)

I am unavle to provide you with promo codes atm, I will get some from FDG later!

Thank you!:)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thats awesome, 20 reviews in one day is amazing. I have a free app that has been out for 6 months on the Amazon App Store and has over 40k downloads all to the tune of 17 reviews in that time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Woow, that sounds incredible! But I'm keeping expectations down til I get to see the first sale report. It is afterall the first day out there and the word are just started beeing spread hopefully:)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would love to know what you come out with on the first day in terms of downloads. I am working a shooting game at the moment and I am very curious. Good luck. I will go ahead and spring the .99 cents

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I went ahead and bought the app. I'm surprised it's NC-17, I mean, a lot of these kids that go crazy and shoot their classmates are under 17. The app could be a training manual.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not really sure what you mean Colin. Do you mean that cartoon violence is inspiring kids to go shoot their classmates? That is a complete different debate that I don't think we should adress here. I am willing to discuss it with you as I strongly believe that there are a thousand other crucial factors that put those kids in that direction than simply playing a game. Especially since research prove that most humans are able to seperate fiction and reality at a very very early stage in life.

Thanks for your input.

Mark, I will keep you posted!:)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On man you are going to break your refresh button tomorow morning, hopefully apple doesn't have one of those delayed sales report days or you will lose your mind

I am excited for you, its like a game but with real money, I am obsessed with checking all the different placed I have my app on the daily and with amazon every few hours.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wasn't being serious. It seemed a funny thought at the time I typed it. But then, I used to be a hit man.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Colin Hole-in-your-head-gate

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, that was an especially unlucky ricochet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hahaha Colin;) Sorry for the misunderstanding.

Yeah Mark, I am going to torture the refresh button tomorrow haha. I'm pretty sure I've already lost it somewhere along the way to complete this project:)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hey!!! I bought your game, it works perfectly fine on my ipad, it is really cool! I did enjoy it, the telephone feature is so funny...

My woman has an affair with the guy who delivers pizza's Of this I'm sure, I want you to take this as*%^$& out for 1450 US Dollars, ok?

lol!!

I really like the buying stuff, the wind, distance when shooting... nice one. I gave you 5 stars

cheers!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 22, 2012 Feb 22, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nice job on the app, had a lot of fun playing it. How was your debut on iTunes?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 22, 2012 Feb 22, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dan must have had a heart attack from all the sales. The game is fun, spent my free part of lunch playing it, trully fun, I am inspried, gave you a 5 star review on iTunes as well!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 23, 2012 Feb 23, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Mark!

Thanks for those words you all, really warming words in the cold climate I live in (middle of Sweden)! Yeah it's got a very good start with some articles and a lot of good ratings!

The debut so far is great, although I've only seen one sales report for the first day. It is climbing quite steadily on the lists but I hope as soon as the word is spreading a bit more that it could go better.

Mark, if you'd like to know more about sales and those kinds of things I think we could do it through PM instead:) Don't think I should just throw that information around.

Peace to you all!:)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 31, 2012 Mar 31, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow #3 paid app on the app store currently, that's an insane level of success. Congrats Dan.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 31, 2012 Mar 31, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i love it but how the hell do i get past the level with the car crusher? no matter what i say or do to him he wont tell me anything and he dies

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 01, 2012 Apr 01, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mark,

Yes that's a big wow. I'm only waiting to wake up now. I hope I won't wake up too soon.

Thank you so much Mark,

Warm regards,

Dan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 04, 2012 Apr 04, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it's April 5th, so u must be waiting for the big wire transfer from Apple, congratulations!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 05, 2012 Apr 05, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

More ratings than Angry Birds Space, this game is killing it on the App Store. Dan you are my hero.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 06, 2012 Apr 06, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks you guys, you're too kind:)

Things looks very good and I hope this is the beginning of building up a somewhat recognised brand/ game series.

I am currently working on an update with 10 new missions and some exciting new features. I hope to be able to send it to AppStore the 30th of April.

Stay cool guys,

Dan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Dan,

The game was doing well since launch but lately it has just gone off the charts, was it the release of the free version that prompted this increased success? Are you guys advertising?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Mark,

Yeah it was doing well from the start and climbed here in my country Sweden and in the publisher's country (germany) almost by itself, we've been doing some advertising. We have been active in some forums, and some articles was written about the game quite early, I've been active in media here in Sweden. But nothing came even close the success the free version brought. We carefully designed the free version and once it hit the store everything sort of booomed and both versions started climbing like mad everywhere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines