Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Why does Adobe insist on treating it's customers like crap???

Feb 8, 2012 10:07 AM

I have been in contact with adobe for the past 2 days trying to get an upgrade for my Indesign CS5.  Here is the breakdown of what's happened so far...

I went to their website to upgrade my InDesign from CS5 to CS5.5,  clicked on upgrade, the proceeded to purchase it. ($119)  Then it took several hours to get a "DOWNLOAD" link... irritating, but acceptable.

Then upon trying to install it, I was told that my serial number doesn't qualify for this product. WTH?!?  After a 20 minute conversation with an obviously outsourced customer service rep, I was told the only way to upgrade was to upgrade the entire Master Suite. ($550)

Awesome.  So now I have this version of InDesign that they say I cannot get a refund for, nor can I even be credited for it towards purchasing the upgrade for my Master Suite. 

After several conversations with the "obviously outsourced tech support", I've gotten no where.  I have a client that I need to modify their CS5.5 file and no possible way to upgrade unless I shell out another $550 for the upgrade.

I've been an owner of Adobe products since Photoshop 3 and Pagmaker, puchased several Suites through the years, and have probably spent well over $4000 on their products cumulatively.   I am one of these customers that believe in buying all the software I use to support to companies that develop them, and to be treated like a leper when I need help in "trying to give them money to upgrade my product", is truly frustrating.

This is probably the reason people just download their products from torrents or other means. It's not fair to spend all this money and be treated like crap.  Support the consumers that allow you to have jobs. After this incident, I truly have grown to hate adobe.  Love the products, hate their "customer service and sales staff".  I've sent this email to as many adobe email addresses as humanly possible and I have not received 1 (ONE) response.  Go figure.

Get it together Adobe.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 8, 2012 12:06 PM   in reply to radicalrob

HI, radicalrob,

I'm so sorry that has been such a bad experience for you. 

We will find the right person to sort this out. 

With your permission, I can have them contact you directly at the email address in your forums profile.

Kirsti Aho

Community Help & Learning team

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 18, 2012 7:59 AM   in reply to radicalrob

I suppose if Adobe’s strategy is to wear people out by keeping them on hold for hours at a time, then disconnecting them without ever answering the call, you are doing a bang up job.  If perhaps you are trying to create an atmosphere where people vow to never again purchase from Adobe, you are batting a thousand.  If you are trying to continue to produce world class software on must wonder why you will not fix Creative Suite 5.5.

Adobe has a problem with CS5.5 and I have numerous case numbers associated with trying to get the software installed on our second computer (a laptop used by our interns in our office).

1. Jan. 2, 2012

Your Adobe ID

Your Case Number: 0182880491

1. Dec. 28, 2011

Your Adobe ID:

Your Case Number: 0182889376

1. Dec. 23, 2011 – second call on the same day

Your Adobe ID

Your Case Number: 0182880491

1. Dec. 23, 2011

Your Adobe ID

Your Case Number: 0101305995

I have tried numerous times to resolve this problem with Adobde.  I’ve tried calling a number that never answers 800-833-6687 which also says, “to avoid waiting on hold, request a callback from the first available agent. You can also schedule a callback for a more convenient time.” Get a grip Adobe, this call back feature doesn’t even work!

Screen shot 2012-02-17 at 10.30.10 AM.png

Adobe just isn't responding to issues and that makes me agree that they are treating customers like crap.  I hope others will post their experiences here as well as on external websites, Facebook, and Twitter.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 21, 2012 3:18 PM   in reply to radicalrob

You can only upgrade InDesign CS5 to CS5.5 if the InDesign CS5 version is a single product and not part of a Suite.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 21, 2012 5:58 PM   in reply to Ann Bens

Thanks for reading and offering your help Ann.

I believe I stated that this was a full price educational purchase - not an upgrade.  Any suggestions for why a product I paid full price for (and my students worked very hard to raise the money) does not work are most welcome.  This is not money we have to just throw away.  We needed to have a product that worked rather than cause us the kinds of problems we've endured since Dec. 23rd.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 21, 2012 6:01 PM   in reply to Ann Bens

That is exactly how it has been, since at least the release of CS (Creative Suite).

I got bitten by that, when I tried to just upgrade Photoshop. Though I had owned two licenses for just Photoshop, and had upgraded religiously (except for PS version 5.5, not CS 5.5). However, I had purchased Adobe Production Studio CS2 with the upgrade from one of my Illustrator licenses. Because Production Studio contained PS, AI, PrPro, AE and Encore, I had "smurfed" my individual license upgrade path. It was bad news to me, but I just lived with it.

Such is life,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 21, 2012 7:25 PM   in reply to The_Power_of_One

Hi, The Power of One,

I'm sorry this problem has dragged on so long.  I've followed up with our customer service team.  They will contact you directly.

Kirsti

Adobe Community Help & Learning team

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 22, 2012 8:03 AM   in reply to Kirsti Aho

Kirsti, I do hope they will call.  My contact with Customer Service was as recent as last Saturday and they said they could do nothing to help.  I'm sure you will pass this along to the right person because on my own I've never been able to connect to someone who could resolve this.

Thanks to all who have read my postings and offered help.  The motto of our little intern program is The Power Of One and each of you has lived up to that motto by offering your expertise and help.  Many thanks.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 23, 2012 1:13 PM   in reply to Kirsti Aho

It has been 48 hours and I've had no contact from Adobe except for one particularly irritating email which read:

Your Case Number:0207767198

With this response, we believe your issue is resolved and have therefore closed your case 0207767198.  If your support case has not been completed to your satisfaction or you should you need to contact us on this issue again, please reference your case number. You can reopen your case up to 14 days after it has been closed.

How in the world can Adobe just close my case without ever contacting me or fixing the problem?

The irritation continues!

BY THE WAY.... Adobe has also nuked my account as I can no longer sign in with The_Power_of_One.

Message was edited by: BringTheRefreshments

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 13, 2012 6:15 PM   in reply to radicalrob

Ah, yes.  That's because of the spelling.  It's not it's but its customers, you see.   gw.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points