• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Flass in Windows 7 IE9

New Here ,
Feb 20, 2012 Feb 20, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has been a frustrating experience.  First I had to lower ie security settings and remove activeX filtering, before loading Adobe Flash 11.  Now I see Adobe Flash icon on my ie security page.  Can someone explain why the download was placed there? I'm getting nervous about the whole venture.  I was told I could activate my activeX filter but would have to turn it off to use my A.Flash and I need A.flash on many of our regularly used sites.  What a big pain.  And now, Adobe Flash icon showing up in my ie seurity page?  Any comments please?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 21, 2012 Feb 21, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What security page are you referring to?  Could you post a screenshot?

As for ActiveX filtering, here's a document that describes how it works and how you can set it up on a per site basis.

ActiveX Filtering in Internet Explorer 9

Thanks,

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

screenshot.png

(1) Here's the screenshot showing the flash player icon.

(2) Thanks for the instructions on activeX.  I tried it.  It seems this will allow me to keep my activeX filter on except when I go to the page using Adobe Flash.   How amazingly simple.  This should solve the problem.  I add my thanks to your many admirers!  and Thanks to my other helpers as well. 😉 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the screenshot!  That's actually just a new control panel for Flash Player.  It's something we added a little while back to allow you to alter Flash Player storage, camera/microphone, and other options.

I'm glad to hear the ActiveX document helped!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 22, 2012 Feb 22, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't know if this is worth mentioning but I just noticed the Adobe control panel (screen shot above) says (32-bit).  Actually we have Adobe Flash Player 11 ActiveX (64-bit), as shown on my programs add-remove list.  That's confirmed by Adobe on the web site (version 11.6.102.62 Windows 7 (64-bit).  Guess  Might not make a difference.  I can use the Global Storage Center control.  Sorry I'm getting a little obsessive here.  Wouldn't want to go to a lot of trouble cause everything seems to be working fine.  You can ignore me if you want. 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 23, 2012 Feb 23, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is confusing, but the 32 bit control panel is expected (and the only version available on Windows)

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 23, 2012 Feb 23, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Chris, bless you for your patience.   All is well and I promise no more questions!  THANK YOU

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines