Skip navigation
Excel Soft
Currently Being Moderated

Extracting the PDF contents

Feb 21, 2012 4:04 AM

Hello,

I have read in one of the documents that the PDF contents can be extracted using an accessibility plug-in in the library AcrobatAccess.lib. I have searched for this libarary and could not find that. I have the following queries...

1. In one of the posts I read that we need to contact the dev center for the library, Is it licensed, if the purpose of usage is for other than screen readers.

2. Is it possible to access each and every bit of information on the PDF.

3. I need to convert PDF to epub, is there any plug-in available for such conversion.

4. Where can I get the SDK along with the AcrobatAccess.lib for an application development for PDF information extraction.

Regards,

Excel

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 21, 2012 4:30 AM   in reply to Excel Soft

I don’t know who told you specifically about the Accessibility plugin…

But yes, you can write your own plugin to Acrobat (in C/C++) that can extract the contents of a PDF by iterating over all the objects.  You will need a copy of Adobe Acrobat (NOT READER!) and the Acrobat SDK to do this.

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 21, 2012 5:19 AM   in reply to Excel Soft

Yes, that’s specifically for use by Accessibility devices (aka screen readers).

What I am proposing is completely different, but gives you a MUCH richer set of APIs to work with.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points