Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

MySQL DSNs

Feb 23, 2012 1:04 AM

Hi

Is anyone out there able to do a quick test of MySQL DSNs?

I am running CF10 beta on Win Vista Home Premium 64-bit, and trying to create DSNs to a  "MySQL 5.5.2-m2-community" DB, also installed locally.  When I do so, I get this:

Connection verification failed for data source: dsntest

com.mysql.jdbc.exceptions.jdbc4.MySQLNonTransientConnectionException: Could not create connection to database server. Attempted reconnect 3 times. Giving up.

The root cause was that: com.mysql.jdbc.exceptions.jdbc4.MySQLNonTransientConnectionException: Could not create connection to database server. Attempted reconnect 3 times. Giving up.

Connecting to the same DB with the same credentials on CF8 and CF9 (and Railo, OpenBD and BD.NET) works fine.

I have ruled out firewall issues.

I'm less interested in people offering advice as to what might be the cause (Adobe are on the case, and they'll be best placed to advise there), but just interested if someone who has a comparable environment could try to set up a MySQL DSN and see if it works.

If someone can get a DSN to work on  Win Vista Home Premium 64-bit, and MySQL 5.5.2-m2-community (or similar, if not exactly the same point release), then I'd be pretty happy to just put it down to a vagary of my PC, and advise Adobe to stop looking at it.

On the other hand if someone else has the same problem, it would be handy to know.

Cheers.

--
Adam

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points