• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Multiple edits to single object - Captivate v5.5

Contributor ,
Feb 23, 2012 Feb 23, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For example...I have a text box on a slide and I want to change the font style to Narrow, Format to Bold and the colour.

I click on the text box on the slide - open up properties and start to make my changes.

Problem is as soon as I make the first change, the properties box closes. So I have to open it again for each change I am making.

Is there a way to keep the properties box open to allow all changes to be done in one session ?

Noel

TOPICS
Editing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Noel,

Are you talking about a Text Caption or a Text Entry Box? Bit puzzled because the Properties Panel for both is always there, no dialog boxes any more? That is the great advantage (to me) of CP5.5. Which workspace do you use?

Perhaps if you explain more in detail.

Lilybiri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Lilybiri,

Ok. Let me explain a little more and hopefully the screenshot will also help.

Edit text.png

I need to edit the above text caption by making 2 changes (1) change the font from Regular to Narrow and (2) change the format from Bold to Normal.

To start the edit - I click on the text caption on the slide and the properties box expands from its location on the right hand side - all of which is fine. 

(Remember I need to make two changes to the same text caption.)

My first action is to select "Narrow" from the style options, which I do - but instead of being able to also change the font from Bold to normal at the same time, the properties window closes as soon as I make the style option change and returns to the right side.

I have to open it again in order to make my second change ! 

It would make sense for the Properties box to remain open and active until you have completed all required changes to the selected object rather than it to close down after the first change and require you to open it "per change".

Hope this helps to explain the issue.

Noel

. I have a project that has

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, I suspect you talk about the dropdown list next to Style! Not possible to select two changes at once in that dropdown list, sorry. If you have to change a lot of text captions that way, I would highly recommend to create a object style that you can apply (using Object Style Manager).

BTW: be careful, because some character styles (like Narrow...) for certain fonts do not publish very well. Those styles are the 'real' ones. You also have 'faux' styles, a limited set that you can apply with the T-letters under the Font size: bold, italic, ...

Lilybiri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whilst the changes I want to make are all from within the Character section of the properties panel, however I dont want to select two changes at once from the Style Drop-down.

I am making one change from the Style drop down...change from Regular to Narrow

and

I am making another change from Bold to normal font.

As soon as I change from Regular to Narrow from the Style drop down, and before I can click to deactivate the Bold font button, the properties panel closes - so I have to open it again in order to change the font.

That does not seem right to me....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Noel

I think the issue here is that you have configured your Properties panel to minimize. As a result, once you make a selection it minimizes and gets out of your way. What Lilybiri was saying was that if your panel were left open and occupying the full right side of your application, you might be more efficient.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

Captivate Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Adobe Certified Captivate Training

SorcerStone Blog

Captivate eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Noel,

Can you try to reset the workspace you are using? I suspect it is Classic, so under that button choose Reset Classic.

If you are talking about the accordion Character that is closing, I'm puzzled.

Lilybiri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Lilybiri

Hi Rick

Rick nailed it....I was not using the Classic workspace but one I have created.

It was down to the fact that I was working in a minimised view of the panel (rather than having the panel taking up all the right side of the stage.

As Ricks points out, when you are working in the minimsied view - you get one click and then the panel closes.

For editing where I have more than one change to make - I will work in Classic view.

Thanks both...

Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Noel

I know many here will disagree with me on this because they think the new interface is just the cat's pajamas. But for what it's worth, I so miss the good old easy to use and see dialogs of Captivate 4.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

Captivate Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Adobe Certified Captivate Training

SorcerStone Blog

Captivate eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Rick,

"The Cat's Pajamas".....I have not heard that one before.

The one I know is "The Dog's B******s

NEL

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources