Skip navigation
rekabbelac
Currently Being Moderated

Cannot find or create the font ...

Feb 16, 2012 2:38 PM

I am having some problems with a computer running Adobe Acrobat X Std, 10.1.2. The computer is running Windows 7 64-bit.

When opening PDF files on the web, the computer gives the error "Cannot find or create the font 'ArielMT'. Some characters may not display or print correctly". I also occasionally get the error with TimesNewRomanPS-ItalicMT as well. I also the a popup saying 'A Drawing Error Occurred'. I have verified that the font in question is installed on the PC. I have also verified that the font is also embedded in the PDF. The error does not occur on other systems with the same OS version and Acrobat version, so I know it is not the PDF I am viewing. I have tried repairing the acrobat install, and unchecking the "Use Local Fonts" option, but neither of these things gets rid of the error.

The computer was upgraded to Internet Explorer 9 and Acrobat X was installed around the same time, and the issue has been happenning since.

Any suggestions are appreciated!

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 18, 2012 6:26 AM   in reply to rekabbelac

I have seen other posts on the IE9 issue and I think it was found that is is a problem with IE9. That does not help, but you might find more information if you search the other forum areas, not this install list.

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 23, 2012 5:27 AM   in reply to rekabbelac

Interesting. Thanks for the info.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers