Skip navigation
jaymac06
Currently Being Moderated

I am trying to move my Acrobat 9 Pro Extended  from my older HP Win7 Pro notebook to my new HP Win 7

Feb 23, 2012 4:00 AM

Tags: #printing #acrobat_9_pro #acrobat_pro_x #acrobat_pdf_printing

I am trying to move my Acrobat 9 Pro Extended from my older HP Win7 Pro notebook to my new HP Win 7 Pro notebook. This should be WAY easy, and it's not. Sofware downloaded from MS/HP after new noteboook was safely home. Used Microsoft transfersoftware to move all--but the Adobe Night watchman won't recognize my product code (it worked on the older notebook). I have now recopied the irginal download and everything seems fine but the IE plug-in to Adobe PDF printer does not function. Any suggestions?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 23, 2012 6:52 AM   in reply to jaymac06

You won't like this response, but there is no way to simply move any Adobe software installation from one system to another. In part, this has to do with the registration/activation infrastructure that Adobe uses. FWIW, Adobe isn't the only software vendor for which you can't simply move software from one system to another via various migration tools.

You must totally uninstall from the first system including product deactivation and then install on the new system and reactivate.

In terms of “fixing” your current system, I would recommend totally uninstalling the software (and deactivating in the process), reboot, and then reinstall from scratch.

- Dov

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points