Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Multiple edits to single object - Captivate v5.5

Feb 23, 2012 2:23 AM

For example...I have a text box on a slide and I want to change the font style to Narrow, Format to Bold and the colour.

I click on the text box on the slide - open up properties and start to make my changes.

Problem is as soon as I make the first change, the properties box closes. So I have to open it again for each change I am making.

Is there a way to keep the properties box open to allow all changes to be done in one session ?

Noel

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 23, 2012 4:32 AM   in reply to Noel Griffiths

Noel,

Are you talking about a Text Caption or a Text Entry Box? Bit puzzled because the Properties Panel for both is always there, no dialog boxes any more? That is the great advantage (to me) of CP5.5. Which workspace do you use?

Perhaps if you explain more in detail.

Lilybiri

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 23, 2012 5:15 AM   in reply to Noel Griffiths

Oh, I suspect you talk about the dropdown list next to Style! Not possible to select two changes at once in that dropdown list, sorry. If you have to change a lot of text captions that way, I would highly recommend to create a object style that you can apply (using Object Style Manager).

BTW: be careful, because some character styles (like Narrow...) for certain fonts do not publish very well. Those styles are the 'real' ones. You also have 'faux' styles, a limited set that you can apply with the T-letters under the Font size: bold, italic, ...

Lilybiri

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 23, 2012 6:33 AM   in reply to Noel Griffiths

Hi Noel

I think the issue here is that you have configured your Properties panel to minimize. As a result, once you make a selection it minimizes and gets out of your way. What Lilybiri was saying was that if your panel were left open and occupying the full right side of your application, you might be more efficient.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

Captivate Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Adobe Certified Captivate Training

SorcerStone Blog

Captivate eBooks

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 23, 2012 6:57 AM   in reply to Noel Griffiths

Hi Noel,

Can you try to reset the workspace you are using? I suspect it is Classic, so under that button choose Reset Classic.

If you are talking about the accordion Character that is closing, I'm puzzled.

Lilybiri

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 23, 2012 8:32 AM   in reply to Noel Griffiths

Hi Noel

I know many here will disagree with me on this because they think the new interface is just the cat's pajamas. But for what it's worth, I so miss the good old easy to use and see dialogs of Captivate 4.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

Captivate Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Adobe Certified Captivate Training

SorcerStone Blog

Captivate eBooks

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status