• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Need help with my tattoo design...

New Here ,
Feb 14, 2012 Feb 14, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For starters, I am not a graphic designer. I've come to this forum to get assistance from those of you who enjoy doing this type of thing. I'm getting a tattoo this weekend, but need someone to draw it up for me. I tried using GIMP2.6 (which my friend suggested), but could not, for the life of me, figure out how to accomplish what I wanted. I tried downloading both Illustrator and Photoshop (to no avail). This stuff may as well be Hebrew. I'm just not talented at all when it comes to this type of thing. I'm looking to get a tattoo of a triquetra using this verse (And now abideth faith, hope, love, these three; but the greatest of these is love. I Cor 13:13). The verse itself will be in the form of the triquetra. I don't know how to twist/turn/shape text into a desired shape. If any of you could help me with this, I'd GREATLY appreciate it. I'd like the font to be Lucinda Handwriting. And the image itself can be no smaller than 3"x3" and no larger than 4"x4" (though I'm sure the size can probably be scaled up or down when printing---so I've been told). Thank you in advance for all who decide to help me out. By the way, I don't need the circle in the triquetra (just the triquetra itself). Feel free to email me your design at [email address deleted by host]

And now abideth faith, hope, love, these three; but the greatest of these is love.
And now abideth faith, hope, love, these three; but the greatest of these is love. I Cor 13:13
And now abideth faith, hope, love, these three; but the greatest of these is love. I Corinthians 13:13

(whichever length works best)

Lucinda Handwriting (and if you can easily change the text w/out doing the entire design again, I'd also like to see it in Minya Nouvelle)

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Feb 21, 2012 Feb 21, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This probably comes too late for you, as you probably went ahead and got your tattoo over the weekend, as per the stated intention in your post.

The lack of responses here reflects the fact that this is not a typography issue at all but a design one.  Had you posted in the Adobe Illustrator forum you may have had more luck.

Keep that in mind for next time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 23, 2012 Feb 23, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

R,

He did, and ended up with the desired triquetra,  but the tattooer turned it down because of (too much) bleeding.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines