Skip navigation
PegasusT4
Currently Being Moderated

RDS error after installation

Feb 22, 2012 12:35 PM

Tags: #rds

Just installed CF 10 beta on Win 7 32bit and Apache 2.2.22. No errors detected on install or startup. RDS  selected to run in Admin.

Running files locally in FF, Deramweaver and CFB 2beta and everything looks like it is working fine.

However, trying to connect to RDS is not working.

In Dreamweaver 5.x, trying to connect gives the following..

"The server name or address could not be resolved. Possible reasons:

1. The URL specified for this site's testing may be incorrect.

2. The testing server may be incorrectly configured. e.g. CF may not be running"

CF files run fine inside and outside of DW. The URL is correct too.

In CFB 2 beta, I also get an error in RDS Configuration when hitting the test button.

'Unable to contact the RDS Server "localhost". This can be caused by incorrect configuration on either the client or the server.'

Please verify your connection ... blah blah blah.

The HTTP request to talk to your server returned with the following message: 'Could not initialize class com.adobe.rds.core.services.Messages'

Localhost is set up as local port 80, selected CF+Tomcat.

Document Root = c:\inetpub\wwwroot

Server Home = c:\coldfusion10\cfusion

I feel like I'm missing something, soI tried uninstalling CF10 and reinstalled CF9. Both DW and CFB correctly connected to RDS when I set it up. RDS Dataview and RDS Fileview both worked correctly. Uninstalling CF9 and reinstalling CF10 resulted in the same errors. RDS did not work.

What am I missing?

Thanks

Doug

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 22, 2012 9:04 PM   in reply to PegasusT4

Hi Pegasus,

Can you please confirm if RDS service check box in enabled in Administrator -> Security -> RDS

Thanks,

Shilpi

CF engineering Team

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 23, 2012 9:55 AM   in reply to PegasusT4

Doug,

I tried again with CF10 with and without apache connector. I get the mentioned error if RDS service is disabled, (on RDS screen in Administrator). If the service is enabled, with RDS username and password, it is working in both CFBuilder and component browser. Is there any stack trace or error you see in error logs?

Try toggling the RDS Service button once more and see if it works. Also your CF server, JRE used and apache all 32 bit, or there is a difference?

If the issue still persist, i request you to please file an issue in https://bugbase.adobe.com/. We will look into this.

Shilpi

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 23, 2012 9:41 PM   in reply to PegasusT4

Hi Doug,

We are not able to repro in our installtion of standalone and plugin configuration. Can you please extract the RDS Core plugin(com.adobe.rds.core_*.jar) check for the class com.adobe.rds.core.services.Messages.class.

Also check the password in your RDS settings at ColdFusion Administrator and ColdFusion builder server configuration dialog.  You can reset your RDS password, using passwordReset script located at <cf-home>/bin. This will eleminate possiblity of any configuration errors.

Also check regstering the other remote server and try accessing the RDS for the same.

Thanks

Shilpi

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 24, 2012 9:59 AM   in reply to PegasusT4

Doug,

In the CF builder installation directory, there will be plugins directory. In this there will be a file with .jar extension and name as com.adobe.rds.core_1.0.2.v20100601277104.jar. Note the numer after com.adobe.rds.core might be different.

Now you can open this file with Winrar. There look for directories in the mentioned order -

com -> adobe -> rds -> core -> services -> Message.class

If the above mentioned class is present in the jar, we are good

Shilpi

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 24, 2012 3:37 PM   in reply to PegasusT4

You can check RDS by using the URL http://<yoursite>/CFIDE/componentutils/packagelist.cfm

This will ask for your RDS authentication. After entering username and password, see if the components list comes or not?

Shilpi

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 25, 2012 6:23 AM   in reply to PegasusT4

Doug,

This is really helpful. This might be able to point us to somewhere logical. Can you please log an issue for this at https://www.bugbase.adobe.com

The stack trace is what is important here. We will look into this.

Thanks once again,

Shilpi

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 27, 2012 6:45 PM   in reply to PegasusT4

Thanks for confirming Doug.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 8, 2012 10:50 AM   in reply to PegasusT4

Thank you for posting that Doug!!!!!!

I was about to go crazy and you supplied the answer .. also I am on a 24+ hour working binge so I think I may need to go to bed soon .. LOL.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 9, 2012 3:13 AM   in reply to PegasusT4

I have the same problem of PegasusT4, but my server is IIS7.

Any idea?

perico

|
    Mark as:
    May 21, 2012 12:56 AM   in reply to PegasusT4

Awesome fix guys, got me out a hole there !!

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (1)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points