Skip navigation
minhlee.goon
Currently Being Moderated

CF10 Application Server won't start

Feb 21, 2012 6:20 PM

I've installed the CF10 beta with IIS 5.1 on Windows XP Pro. The CF10 Application Server service will not start.

Is there anything I can do? Or is this by design?

Thanks.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 21, 2012 7:05 PM   in reply to minhlee.goon

Perhaps try start CF from dos CMD prompt.
    CD to \ColdFusion10\cfusion\bin
    Type cfstart.bat

Any error or warnings?

HTH, Carl.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 23, 2012 12:42 PM   in reply to minhlee.goon

Same exact thing happened to me. I installed CF10 beta on a 32-bit Windows 7 Guest OS inside of MS Virtual PC 2007 sp1 and the CF application service would not start. I ran the cfstat.bat file directly from a command prompt and received the same exact warning: MSVCR71.dll could not be found. I did a Google search for MSVCR71.dll and it brought me to: http://www.addictivetips.com/windows-tips/fix-msvcp71-dll-and-msvcr71- dll-missing-error-in-windows-7/

I downloaded the dll and placed it in the Windows\System32 folder. I then went to services and started the CF Application server. I then completed setting up my CF10 beta installation without any additional issues.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 26, 2012 4:57 PM   in reply to ednagel

Same exact thing happened to me. I installed CF10 beta on a 32-bit Windows 7 Guest OS inside of MS Virtual PC 2007 sp1 and the CF application service would not start. I ran the cfstat.bat file directly from a command prompt and received the same exact warning: MSVCR71.dll could not be found. I did a Google search for MSVCR71.dll and it brought me to: http://www.addictivetips.com/windows-tips/fix-msvcp71-dll-and-msvcr71- dll-missing-error-in-windows-7/

I downloaded the dll and placed it in the Windows\System32 folder. I then went to services and started the CF Application server. I then completed setting up my CF10 beta installation without any additional issues.

I wanted to confirm that the same held true for Windows Server 2003 32 bit. I got the same error and placing the dll in the error message in the Windows\System32 folder worked. It started up just fine.

HTH someone.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 26, 2012 10:51 PM   in reply to Cozmo Trouble

Hi Cozmo

We are aware of this issue and it is already fixed. This will be coming in the next drop. For now download and install the Microsoft visual studio redistribution package to resolve the issue.

Thanks

Kiran Sakhare

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points