Skip navigation
Branislav Milic 177 posts
Jan 12, 2010
Currently Being Moderated

My list of things I miss the most in DPS

Jan 26, 2012 9:30 AM

- the ability to export a Folio as PDF from the Folio Builder panel in InDesign. So it is MUCH easier for everybody to review and comment the document.

- inline videos on Android tablets (Android's issue ?)

- to release the DPS tools when the Adobe Viewer is approved by Apple. And 24 hours later you publish the Android version on Marketplace.

- optionnal controller just under an inline video

- disabling the STOP/PLAY tap on a video (so it can start as the cover of the Folio) and without having the user to unexpectedly stop it. Even if the video is full screen.

- basic animations and appearing/disappearing/transition effects

- a tool that will index the articles and allow to use an embedded search engine to point to the page (or to the precise location of the searched word)

- a better explanation in the User Manual on how to completely create a preset in Adobe Media Encoder. Saying just "use the H264 codec" is really not enough

- Masking without MSOs. For instance to cover part of a video, there should be a feature that tells an object "you're always on top of everything" (inheritance of layers ?)

- by default, no vertical bumping of single-page articles

- if a Folio uses a full screen video or full screen Web component, it is difficult to ESC the Folio. Using three fingers to depinch could trigger the ESC behaviour.

- uploading directly the Folios to the connected tablet with a free DPS account.

- InDesign's Data Merge feature generating states in a MSO. Yes I will need that soon... 400 technical sheets x 2 orientation x 2 tablets...

- if an hyperlink contains a mailto: the Folio pops up a "Send Mail" window with a predefined subject. The window is for instance 300 x 500 px but also transparent so the person can see the content of thepage underneath if necessary to retype something.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 23, 2012 1:51 PM   in reply to Branislav Milic

Hi bran, i follow on most of these issues.

- inline videos on Android tablets (Android's issue ?)

- a better explanation in the User Manual on how to completely create a preset in Adobe Media Encoder. Saying just "use the H264 codec" is really not enough

I think both of these are linked : basically h264 for ipad works great. But on Android, "it depends", with no inline android videos and different results on different manufacturers Here we need 2 things :

- parity of features between android and ipad (because more and more people go to cheaper android, even if overall user experience is a little bit under.

- a good table summing up the differences that are to be expected between the different tablets and the different players (iOs, Android… rim ? (anyone?)).

Using three fingers to depinch could trigger the ESC behaviour.

That will depend on the tablet's ability to get all the multitouch events. I mean, Apple must have copyrighted 3,4,17 fingers gestures, no ?

- if an hyperlink contains a mailto: the Folio pops up a "Send Mail" window with a predefined subject. The window is for instance 300 x 500 px but also transparent so the person can see the content of thepage underneath if necessary to retype something.

interesting one that we might enhance through javascript, but i agree that native should be great.

I'd add :

- Panoramic view for android (first i found it gadget, my advertising clients find it great)

- multi-multimedia zones (2 videos at the same time ? background music + voice (children's books)…)

- progressive download on android

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)