Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Crazy .$filename. showing up in DW's Related Files bar

Feb 20, 2012 9:45 PM

i'm a bit of a noob to doing local testing of php, so i followed the instructions given in a Lynda.com tutorial and setup MAMP (cause i'm on a mac) on my system. still following the instructions, i added a testing server to my DW site.

seems to work perfectly!!! except for 2 issues that are probably no big deal, but they bug the heck outta me.

the first issue i ask about here.

the other is, whenever i have the testing server on, i'm running across this mysterious .$filename. thing in the related files toolbar. it's driving me crazy. i can't figure out where it's coming from nor how to get rid of it.

i even went thru one page and stripped out all the php & javascript & any links to external files, and its still there! ugh.

when you hover over it, you get the path to the file, but it's not really there. and yes, i toggled to show hidden files in the Finder also.

i've found google'ing it an impossible task because apparently it ignores the periods & dollar symbol :-(

anyone got any clues on this?

THANKS!

Screen Shot 2012-02-20 at 11.42.23 pm.png

Screen Shot 2012-02-20 at 11.42.51 pm.png

Screen Shot 2012-02-20 at 11.43.06 pm.png

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 21, 2012 7:39 AM   in reply to SyberKnight

I took a look at your first post but that's going to take me a little while to digest and figure out where the setup error lies.  It may just be easier to recreate the testing server definition.

With this one we really need to see the code from your log-activity-form-DEMO.php file to see where the "$filename" is in the code to determine why it's being included.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 22, 2012 5:43 PM   in reply to SyberKnight

First it's usually easier to just post code then it is to post screenshots.

Next, your first screenshots show global.css (2x) and foot.php and in the second screenshot there is just foot.php being included.  So I want to make sure this is the file.  It could be something with the cache (Site->Advanced->Recreate Site Cache or arrow in top right corner of files window where you do FTP and click Site->Recreate Site Cache).  Outside of that I don't know what else to say.  I can't duplicate this issue at all.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 8, 2012 7:00 AM   in reply to SyberKnight

Hi,

I have the same issue. I can tell you that when I used DW 3 months ago for PHP testing for another site the problem wasn't there. As you say it doesn't appear to affect anything, yet!, just a bit odd.

Paul

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points