• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RDS server message: could not initialize class com.adobe.rds.core.services.Messages

New Here ,
Oct 29, 2011 Oct 29, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just moved to a new host with my own dedicated cloud server.  Using CF9.  Everything seems to be working fine with the server, but i get the following error when connecting to it via RDS through CF Builder 2.

RDS server message: could not initialize class com.adobe.rds.core.services.Messages

I get it when i first connect to the server, then if i try to access it again, it will let me in.  I also get an error when i try to open the first file.  Then its ok.

I have no idea what it can be, i have not run into this on any other server that I have connected to.

TOPICS
Builder

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 08, 2011 Nov 08, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been using CFMX 8 forever, with RDS, working fine.  Then one day it just stopped working and I get the error. Could not initialize class com.adobe.rds.core.services.Messages. 

Been working on this for a few weeks now with no resolution.  Mine never lets me in, it has stopped working completely.  Anyone have any ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Feb 23, 2012 Feb 23, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We are not able to repro in our installtion of standalone and plugin configuration. Can you please extract the RDS Core plugin(com.adobe.rds.core_*.jar) check for the class com.adobe.rds.core.services.Messages.class.

Also check the password in your RDS settings at ColdFusion Administrator and ColdFusion builder server configuration dialog.  You can reset your RDS password, to eleminate possiblity of any configuration errors.

Also check regstering the other remote server and try accessing the RDS for the same.

Thanks

Shilpi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 24, 2012 Feb 24, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

After 2 months of it not working for love or money. I got a new machine and ColdFusion Builder 2 and started over. It worked for a while. Then when the trial version timed out a few days ago it killed it again. With the same error. So it is definitely something that gets “switched” within the code or configuration settings. Rebooting about 3x seemed to fix it this time after entering the license number.

Yes to answer your questions below. Yes, I did all those things below. Re-checked and checked numerous times. Keep in mind the installation there worked for over a year then all of a sudden stopped. I hadn’t changed anything at all. And it just stopped dead, started throwing up that error.

I asked all the experts in my office. One guy knows CF and Java inside and out and could not figure it out. I searched the web and the issue is listed many times but with no real answers.

Thanks for getting back to me. I am up and running with new machine. But since I’ve seen the error on this machine now, I live in fear it will reappear and stop working. So if you come up with any thoughts I would appreciate it.

Thanks,

-Lyle

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Lyle,

It would be great if you can confirm if the installation has RDS core jar in plugins and if the mentioned class exists there?

Can you also please raise an issue for the same??

Thanks,

Shilpi Khariwal

ColdFusion Engineering Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The libraries were there for over a year – as I used the application and used the debugger etc. Then it stopped working. Suddenly for no reason. I did not remove any libraries. I had not installed or uninstalled anything for over a month when the issue occurred.

Yes I verified the libraries were there to the best of my ability. That nothing had changed. I then installed CF Builder 2 on the same machine and tried to get it setup. It had the same error. So the libraries for that were there – were installed on installation. At least no errors on installation – said was successful – ran. But still got the RDS error as before.

Check the web you’ll see that this error comes up fairly frequently and a number of us never found any resolution. All of a sudden on a working machine – RDS stops working with CF Builder. This ran on this same machine for over a year – maybe 2. Then suddenly stopped. Java updates and other updates should not have effected it. Nothing else changed on the machine. The libraries were not removed. Even if they were – a clean install should have fixed that. Really irritating. When I saw the error yesterday it made me think seriously about using another tool to debug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have commented on other threads as well. We need to reproduce it on our end as well to see the problem. As the only error message i got from all threads is classnotfound. I tried with both plugin and standalone version of CF builder. But i was not able to reproduce it.

Shilpi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My best clue was using the trial version. When it came to day 0 it worked once, twice. Then it started throwing up these errors. Because I had RDS etc. setup and working, it started throwing up the same error I had seen before. Whatever the trial version does to deactivate RDS or stop it from working is potentially the same thing that caused it to stop working on my old installation. I started getting the same errors.

So what does the trial version do to -- make those features not available after trial period ends? Because that caused it exactly the same error to start showing. It required the license and numerous reboots to get the error to go away and RDS to start working again. So what does it turn off – and then back on ? That’s my only clue.

The libraries were there, the settings were the same. The services were running. Nothing had changed and poof it stopped working. Just like the trial version did.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 27, 2012 Feb 27, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you running CF with virtual hosts? If yes, are all configurations mentioned there correctly. I am throwing it here, because this was a problem for one of the customers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 28, 2012 Feb 28, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, no virtual hosts for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 14, 2012 May 14, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

giancarlogomez says:

http://www.giancarlogomez.com/2012/03/coldfusion-10-cfbuilder-201-rds-and.html

JkMountFile "/Applications/ColdFusion10/config/wsconfig/1/uriworkermap.properties"

more importantly, read this:

http://www.mickgenie.com/tag/configuration-file/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 15, 2012 May 15, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just encountered the same issue myself. I have no virtual hosts and then solution posted by markireland does not apply to me. Please help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 08, 2012 Jun 08, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello. I am getting this message, could not initialize class com.adobe.rds.core.services.Messages with virtual hosts enabled on apache. If I comment out the line Include conf/extra/httpd-vhosts.conf to disable my virtual hosts the RDS connection is successful. However, I need to keep my virtual hosts. Were you able to resolve the RDS / Virtual Host issue with the customer?

Thanks,

~ Ben

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 13, 2012 Jun 13, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I started getting this error after installing the released version on CFBuilder 2.01 on Windows 7 in a VMWare VM environment after using the beta version satisfactorily until it expired recently.

could not initialise class com.adobe.rds.core.services.Messages

I've tried removing the server and re-configuring several times but still no joy. After re-starting CFBuilder I was able to browser the RDS Server services but when I do a test from the RDS configuration it fails with this error. Also failing when trying to debug.

A colleague also had the same problem but overcame it with the steps I have mentioned. (All a bit random)!

Cheers

Pat

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 19, 2012 Sep 19, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I was getting this error just this morning. I changed the hostname from 127.0.0.1 to localhost and it worked. Maybe that will work for someone else...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation