• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Clearing flash cache by code

New Here ,
Feb 23, 2012 Feb 23, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using a Flash Component in our web site to show videos but I need a way to clear flash cache every time the page is loaded. Such a Flash Component configuration is based on an XML file to get the videos that will be played. Is there a way to do it using C# code?

Respectfully,

Jorge Maldonado

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Mentor , Feb 24, 2012 Feb 24, 2012

In the xml config file it most likely names the .xml playlist file. So in the config file is where you most likely do the change... something like:

xmlData.load("news_ticker/news_ticker.xml?blarg="+new Date().getTime());

For info on this method used in New Tickers.... toward bottom of page:

http://www.kirupa.com/developer/mx2004/newsticker2.htm

Best wishes,

Adninjastrator

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Feb 23, 2012 Feb 23, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

no, it's done by appending a query string that changes so the browser thinks you're loading a different file each time.

what file do you want to prevent retrieval from cache'ing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 24, 2012 Feb 24, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I appreciate your response.These are the file that take part in my flash component, which one should be removed from cache?

1. vp1.swf2. PlayList.xml3. PlayerSettings.xml

Regards,Jorge Maldonado

Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2012 18:45:49 -0700

To: jorgemal1960@hotmail.com

Subject: Clearing flash cache by code

Re: Clearing flash cache by code

created by kglad in Flash Pro - General - View the full discussion

no, it's done by appending a query string that changes so the browser thinks you're loading a different file each time. what file do you want to prevent retrieval from cache'ing?

Replies to this message go to everyone subscribed to this thread, not directly to the person who posted the message. To post a reply, either reply to this email or visit the message page:

To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit the message page at . In the Actions box on the right, click the Stop Email Notifications link.

Start a new discussion in Flash Pro - General by email or at Adobe Forums

For more information about maintaining your forum email notifications please go to http://forums.adobe.com/message/2936746#2936746.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what does you component do and what data does it use?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did not write the component, I bought it. You can take a look at it here:

http://www.flashcomponents.net/component/powerfull-video-player-flv-h-264-mp3-youtube-google-analytics-subtitles.html I do not have experience writing flash components, I am focused on C# programming, database design and implementation, and web application development.

The component is basically a video player that supports playlists and it is configured using 2 XML files: one for general configuration (PlayerSettings.xml) and another for playlists (PlayList.xml). The XML file that I really use is the one to configure playlists because it must change periodically in order to show a different set of videos every week or so. I wonder if this is the information you requested, if not, please let me know. I really appreciate your interest in helping solve my issue.

Regards,Jorge Maldonado

Date: Fri, 24 Feb 2012 08:00:57 -0700

To: jorgemal1960@hotmail.com

Subject: Clearing flash cache by code

Re: Clearing flash cache by code

created by kglad in Flash Pro - General - View the full discussion

what does you component do and what data does it use?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i only download and correct files if i'm hired.

from your description it sounds like you just need to load those xml files and not retrieve them from the cache.  if that's the case you'll need to edit the component and append a query string to the xml urls.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In the xml config file it most likely names the .xml playlist file. So in the config file is where you most likely do the change... something like:

xmlData.load("news_ticker/news_ticker.xml?blarg="+new Date().getTime());

For info on this method used in New Tickers.... toward bottom of page:

http://www.kirupa.com/developer/mx2004/newsticker2.htm

Best wishes,

Adninjastrator

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines