Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Closing multiple files

Feb 24, 2012 6:49 AM

Hi, I've just upgraded to CS5 from Elements, boy what a difference!

I've hit a problem when I want to close the photos that I've edited. when I've processed them I want to save them as either TIFF or JPEG files.

I've been to File>Scripts>Image processor which allows me to convert the files and send them to a folder of my choice - albeit in a sub folder. But, and it's a big but, the original RAW files remain open, and have to be manually closed one by one. After a big shoot this will be PIA.

I've also looked at File>Automate>Batch. This will process my photos, but on every alternate one I get a message saying that the "Feather" function is not working, and that photo is not processed, so i only get 50% saved. In addition they can only be saved in the original folder so I finish up with both RAW and processed files. Then I have to do a tidy up exercise.

What can I do? The first option seems the best if there was some way in which the processed files could be closed. I've looked in all the help pages and this just tells me to create an action, but it doesn't tell me how to do it. I'm also told that I can download some actions in adition to the default actions, but again I'm not told what these are, or where they can be found.

Can anyone help? All I need is to close multiple files that I've worked on and converted to my chosen storage format.

I'm not a geek, so please don't get too techy!!

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 24, 2012 7:17 AM   in reply to F Yates

Run the Image Processor from Bridge to avoid leaving the files open.

Same goes for Batch. And you can batch to any destination you want, original folder is only an option.

The error message means it's running an action (that's what batch is for) - but some necessary condition is not met in the original file.

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 24, 2012 7:59 AM   in reply to F Yates

File > Close All (command-alt-W) should offer a dialog that allows to apply the same setting (save or do not save changes) to all open documents.

|
    Mark as:
  • Noel Carboni
    23,526 posts
    Dec 23, 2006
    Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 24, 2012 9:06 AM   in reply to F Yates

I suggest you try to understand the reason for the error, and clear that up.  That will get you both fully successful runs as well as not leaving remnants.

-Noel

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points