This discussion is locked

www.adobe.com/go/edu-validate is down

Dec 25, 2011 10:27 AM

Tags: ##education_validation_down ##education_unresolved
  Latest reply: Jeff A Wright, Oct 4, 2012 3:40 PM
Replies 1 2 3 4 Previous Next
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 24, 2012 8:08 AM   in reply to Jeff A Wright

With the site back up, how behind are they in processing? I submitted my documents 2/21 about 12 cst and it's still says "Eligibility pending: Check status". When you click on check status a quick message about server is down or something pops up and then it goes back to the adobe login screen. My class is online only and we received the 30 trial, I need the serial numbers to work on homework.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 24, 2012 8:09 AM   in reply to Jeff A Wright

Hello Jeff.............

You got lucky.  It is 10:06am CT 2-24-12.  I still get the FLASH of down for maintance then blown right out to Adobe login page.

I have not received an email back from identit-e that I sent to their customer service last night.

Is there any other way to submit the data.  I purchased the box of CS 5.5

But thanks for giving me hope.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 24, 2012 8:15 AM   in reply to WesMc1955

I have no idea if I've been successful in submitting my information or not.  I've *finally* gotten the identit-e site to load (still can't go through Adobe's site, have to go directly to identit-e, and good luck finding that url) and I can choose upload file.  I select the file and click upload, but it just flashes - no confirmation or any kind of indication that I've successfully uploaded anything.  I guess I'll just give it until Monday, and if I still haven't heard anything by then I'm going to try to see if there's someone I can talk to.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 24, 2012 8:22 AM   in reply to WesMc1955

Did you try logging into https://www.identit-e.com/default/index/selfHelpSubmit/p/14 directly, this is the link I received in an email. I get website's security certificate warning but I can get to the site, I don't know if it will let you upload or not and you need your product code.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 24, 2012 8:24 AM   in reply to panhandle mom

Wow, I think I just had a breakthrough.  Decided to start a live chat w/ someone on the identit-e site, and after just a minute he said he had approved it & sent it on to Adobe, and I should be receiving my key from them "in about an hour".  Fantastic! 

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 24, 2012 8:32 AM   in reply to Jeff A Wright

I still get bounced back and can't do it through identit-e website since I don't have a product code (download only version).

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 24, 2012 8:35 AM   in reply to FaX82

I was download only as well - they should have emailed you your product code when you purchased it. 

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 24, 2012 8:41 AM   in reply to ArgyleMonkey

except they haven't. checked my spam folder also, but it's not there. I just have the welcome to adobe membership message...

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 24, 2012 8:43 AM   in reply to FaX82

In that case, I'd definitely be getting ahold of customer service if I were you.  Nothing you can do until you have that code. 

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 24, 2012 8:45 AM   in reply to ArgyleMonkey

Do you know the url to find the chat. When I go to the identit site it says chat is unavailible.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 24, 2012 8:47 AM   in reply to panhandle mom

No, sorry - the button to the left on their page said "chat available" for me when I tried a few minutes ago. 

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 24, 2012 8:55 AM   in reply to panhandle mom

When in through firefox I was able to go into chat.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 24, 2012 8:56 AM   in reply to hobhobgoblin

It is unbelievable that this issue has been going on so long.  Although my quest has only been going on a week, there still seems to be a major issue with identit-e's ability to function, and Adobe should perhaps reconsider using this company.  I've sent messages to identit-e, as well as 'starting' a live chat only to be rejected once I filled out the info request page.  This system is really making Adobe look BAD.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 24, 2012 9:11 AM   in reply to hobhobgoblin

My wife purchased Design Standard CS5.5 on 2/22 and still can't submit her educators verification info. She also elected to have a box version mailed, which means it won't be sent until verification goes through. I also noticed in the confirmation email that after 14 days, they cancel the purchase and refund her money if she isn't verified as an educator...

Is their any way around this???

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 24, 2012 9:19 AM   in reply to hobhobgoblin

I still have had no contact from them. I called Adobe and they suggested I download the trial version... and that it may be days before I hear anything regarding the validation. My guess is that this is the last time they use this company as a validator.

The chat is down, there's no way to check and see what the status is. There has to be some way to get in touch with them... this is REALLY bad.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 24, 2012 9:22 AM   in reply to panhandle mom

Hello all.........

I was able to connect to https://www.identit-e.com/default/index/selfHelpSubmit/p/14   my browser did tell me it had a bad site Certificate, but I let my browser load it anyway. It let me fill out the form and attach my documents for Verification.  I attached three files, but when I hit submit button the page blew away too fast for it to have really uploaded the attachments.

Does anyone have a phone number for identit-e?

No Chat for me in Firefox. It was down.

Three days.........I'm ready to give up.  Thanks for the advice though.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 24, 2012 9:20 AM   in reply to hobhobgoblin

help!!

If I knew that Identit-e would be such a problem I would have reconsidered my purchase.  Has their website been hacked??  Sent my student ID via email, after trying so many times to upload it.  Still no answer.  Adobe phone and chat support is friendly but this is not an issue that they can resolve since they contract this out to this outside vendor.  Looks like Identit-e has had quite a few problems judging by the number of threads and complaints.  If there's a senior level exec at Adobe who's listening...please re-consider using this firm.

Also, Identit-e should, at a minimum, send an email out to those who are waiting stating the problem on their end, what they are doing about it, and when we can expect to get an answer (i.e. serial number).  Truly, no response - even an automated one - is ridiculous.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 24, 2012 9:22 AM   in reply to hobhobgoblin

As of the time of this post, I still cannot complete the verification process.

Jeff, thanks for keeping tabs on this forum and keeping us updated.

For what it's worth, here are the issues I'm having:

• Right now, if I click the "Submit Proof" link from the My Orders page on the Adobe website, like others have stated, I get a red message that is briefly visible on the order page stating that the system is down and then Adobe's website proceeds to log me out and kick me back to Adobe's log in screen. (This seems to be a bug or at least less than desireable behavior of Adobe's own website, since simply clicking a link shouldn't log me out of Adobe entirely.)
    • Previously, I would click that link and if it didn't fail completely, after waiting forever, a verification page would load.  *BUT* - I would select a State and then a City on the verification page, but the list of schools would never populate, so I couldn't proceed with the verification because I couldn't actually select a school.
    • Now, if I try various urls that people have posted to this forum (e.g. https://www.identit-e.com/default/index/adobe), I first get a Self Signed Certificate Warning and then get a page asking, in "Step 1", for a product code.  I have order confirmation emails from adobe which include my order number, but, to the best of my knowledge, I was not sent a product code (I ordered the download only version).  Furthermore, I have no idea if that link is one that I *should* be using for verification.

Has anyone who ordered in the last day or so been able to complete verification and actually received their serial number?  (I'm guessing not, because if so, they most likely won't be reading the forum anymore.  Sigh.)

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 24, 2012 9:41 AM   in reply to ArgyleMonkey

You got lucky. I went to the live chat right after your post. It says it will be reviewed and someone will reply shortly..still no reply.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 24, 2012 3:44 PM   in reply to hobhobgoblin

Victory!!!!!

I decided to Tweet Adobe, and within 30 minutes the entire situation was resolved. I now have my key!!!

Here's the tweet I sent if you just want to reuse it:

I still haven't heard back from Identit-e regarding my purchase several days ago. Can you push it through?

They will ask you for your Adobe order number. Tweet that back to them. About 20 minutes later I actually got a phone call from Adobe... a really nice gal helped me out and when we were on the phone I received my key in my email.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 24, 2012 10:07 AM   in reply to espresso9030

Espresso9030 you are welcome.  I am continuing to monitor this thread and will post any updates which I receive.  Thank you also for the detailed description regarding the difficulties being experienced.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 24, 2012 10:19 AM   in reply to hobhobgoblin

Maybe I celebrated too soon - the guy in the identit-e chat said I should hear from Adobe within an hour, but that was an hour & a half ago.  Status on my order on Adobe's site still says "pending verification". 

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 24, 2012 11:08 AM   in reply to hobhobgoblin

Okay, progress made...  Was able to Chat Live Now!  Was told that I had been verified and should recieve my product info within an hour.  We'll see.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 24, 2012 12:42 PM   in reply to daquanabe

I got the same thing. I was able to chat live with a rep about 40 minutes ago and she said that I should receive my serial in about an hour. For some reason the system didn't recognize my info as a .edu account. My serial just came in.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 24, 2012 12:48 PM   in reply to rjbritt071

I spoke to the identit-e rep at 10:30 cst this morning and he said I'd have my code in an hour.  It's almost 3:00 now, still no code.  The identit-e site shows that I've been approved & the info has been passed on to Adobe, so they're the hold up now. 

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 24, 2012 3:45 PM   in reply to hobhobgoblin

I gave up waiting, ArgyleMonkey, and I started the tweeting process.  So far I've been at that for about a half-hour or so. Not terribly intelligent about twitter, but at least I've started that conversation and I'm hoping to have the luck of revo35.  Will keep you posted.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 24, 2012 12:58 PM   in reply to hobhobgoblin

My wife opened a support case today and has at least recieved an email stating that Adobe is reviewing her documents to approve her shipment.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 24, 2012 3:45 PM   in reply to daquanabe

Hello daquanabe..........

How long did it take for the twitter process to begin?  I tweeted one message about 2 hours ago.  Got no reply.

Did you get a reply back pretty fast?

I am new to twitter as of today.  Sorry.  But thanks.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 24, 2012 3:46 PM   in reply to hobhobgoblin

WesMc1955, I've been at it for about an hour so far, but the guy who's working on it seems to be working on several others as well.  Will post when it is finally resolved, and with the length of time.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 24, 2012 3:46 PM   in reply to daquanabe

Hey………………

On twitter this is what I sent:

Hello, new to twitter, sorry. I too can't get my online purchase of .edu software eligibility submitted

But no response back.  Can you tell me if I did twitter wrong?  Sorry to be a pain.  I sent a twitter Reply back to myself and received that. But nothing from Adobe.

Thanks.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 24, 2012 2:00 PM   in reply to hobhobgoblin

WesMc1955, you did exactly what you needed to do.  Twitter is weird, and doesn't necessarily work like a txt message--you may not be able to tell if the message was received or not.  Hang in there.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 24, 2012 2:03 PM   in reply to daquanabe

Thank You….  I see your posts on twitter.  I sure hope you have good luck. Thanks again.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 24, 2012 2:35 PM   in reply to tbinnyc111

Totally agree with you.

I purchased a copy Wednesday night online and still don't have a serial or know if my information was received by the proper people.

When making the purchase, the Adobe website timed out, and I didn't know if I actually made the purchase. Finally saw it appear in my recent purchases. Of course since the purchase process timed out it didn't send me to the verification site so I clicked on a link in the Adobe email confirmation to verify on Adobe. Opened a case with Adobe for verification on 2/22 still haven't received a reply on that.

Didn't know I had to submit the verification through identit-e because each time I clicked on the verify link in the recent orders panel it didn't take me anywhere or it would log me out of Adobe. Figured that the case I opened with Adobe was enough. After not hearing anything for almost 24 hour tried identit-e again and finally got through. Submiited my .edu address yesterday and still haven't heard a thing. And as others hae stated I was asked for a product code by identit-e and have no idea what that was about because I never received one. Just an order number. 

Still not sure if I have sent the correct information to the correct parties to get my verification. identit-e didn't ask for student ID or anything, but I sent that to Adobe directly. Ugghh so confused.

This has just been a complete clusterf*** from the start. Can't wait to just receive the serial so I don't have to deal with this any longer.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 24, 2012 3:47 PM   in reply to hobhobgoblin

Starting to hate on Adobe now.  Was finally able to get identit-e to do their thing, and verify my .edu status.  That was almost four hours ago, and was told that Adobe would respond within the hour with my download info. About 1.5 hrs after that conversation I communicated with Adobe on twitter at the suggestion of revo35 since it took only 30 min for him to get his key...  I'm closing in on 3 hours post contact with Adobe, and although he responded an hour and a half ago that he did receive my order number, it has been a wasteland of silence since then.

This has been the most ridiculously painful process I've ever incountered with placing an online order.  I completely understand their need to verify my .edu status since the product is significantly discounted, but seriously... FOUR DAYS, after the system says it will take only two.  Completly unreal.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 24, 2012 4:37 PM   in reply to hobhobgoblin

The bottom line of this is that at this time the verification page on the adobe website still doesn't work. So everyone has to go through overly complex procedures to get their verification after buying the product. This is really something you don't want to deal with after you have bought a quite expensive piece of software. On the other hand, they charged my credit card just fine.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 24, 2012 4:49 PM   in reply to FaX82

I have received another update that the issues with Identit-e should be solved.  They have ran several tests and they were completed successfully.

I will continue to monitor this thread so please post if you continue to experience difficulties with the Identit-e portion of the process.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 24, 2012 4:54 PM   in reply to Jeff A Wright

I'm sorry, it doesn't work for me.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 24, 2012 4:55 PM   in reply to FaX82

You may want to clear your browser cache and cookies or perhaps even try a different web browser.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 24, 2012 5:09 PM   in reply to Jeff A Wright

I've done both things, but still doesn't work.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 24, 2012 5:11 PM   in reply to FaX82

Where is it failing for you?  When you submit the proof of eligility or when you try to load the site?

|
    Mark as:
Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (2)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points