• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Apple, amazon and android marketplace comparison

Participant ,
Feb 23, 2012 Feb 23, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do your app sales compare across the three main store?

For me, the only success I have is with the apple app store. I started my app development in march 2011 and I have now cleared £10,000 on the apple app store. In the same time on the android marketplace I have barely cleared £150. In fact a few weeks ago, I made more in one day on Apple than I made the entire year on android marketplace. I only just signed up to the amazon store but I don't hold out much hope.

how do the stores compare for you?

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Feb 23, 2012 Feb 23, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For me its

NOOK #1

Amazon #2

Apple #3

Change found in my couch cushions #4

Android Marketplace #5

Amazon is awesome, people who shop on amazon are used to paying for stuff unlike free loaders on the android market.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 24, 2012 Feb 24, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

never heard of NOOK, will take a look at it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hmmm, looks like you have to have a us bank account to be a member of nook so thats out for me as i am in the uk

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, I heard great things about Nook too and was gutted to find it's exclusive to US citizens.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

so is there a way that we can get a US bank account?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 25, 2012 Feb 25, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have relatives or friends you trust in the US you can filter money through their account and give them a percentage, also keep in mind they are the ones that will get taxed on the profits.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 27, 2012 Feb 27, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You do not have to be located in the US to publish to the Nook market.  They support a few countries now and are working on expanding.  You will, however, need an EIN which identifies you for tax purposes with the IRS.

"At this current time we are supporting the following countries : USA, Canada, United Kingdom, Ireland, Germany, Spain, Australia. We will be expanding this list over time."

https://nookdeveloper.zendesk.com/entries/20868356-advice-on-the-submisson-process-for-apps-us-and-n...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 28, 2012 Feb 28, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may not have to be located in the US but you need a US bank account. I have an EIN number, but not a US bank account.

"In order to qualify to become a NOOK App Developer, we ask you to provide us with information about your business, your existing commercial applications, and your development experience, and plans. This is a summary of key qualification requirements:

• You are a commercial company submitting the request.
  • You have developed a commercial application and/or have deployed an application already to an existing marketplace or application store.
  • You have a US Bank Account and US Tax ID.
  • Your company, vision or applications are aligned to a reading centric audience who are using the NOOK Color in the US market.
  • You are committed to assign the necessary resources and have firm plans to deliver your apps now for NOOK Color."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you gone through the sign-up process and hit this particular roadblock? I noticed there is a check box for "US Bank Account" and another for "EIN". I figure it's going to let me slide on one if I tick the other (but I won't be going through the process until later in the year). I also noticed that the EIN may have to be parlayed into a "W8" for the actual US tax withholdings.

I went to this much trouble to publish some books in America once, but haven't had to worry about it for app stores up until now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

if you try and sign up and dont check the EIN or US bank account option it doesn't let you go any further.

it says

I have a US Bank Account : This field is required!

I have a valid US Tax ID (EIN or SSN) : This field is required!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I just completed the form claiming that I DO have those things (along with a numeric post code which it also demands?!). You then have access to the "Apply Now" form where you can tick "No" to those things. I wonder how far you can get by blagging it...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines