Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Possible bug: Synchronize and Copy/Paste of Develop Settings

Feb 24, 2012 5:03 AM

Don't know if this is already known (I searched and found nothing):

When synchronizing or copy/pasting development settings, the process version is *always* copied to the destination photo, even if "calibration" was *not* selected in the copy/sync dialog, e.g. when just copying the color settings.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 24, 2012 3:13 PM   in reply to LRuser24

Are you sure it is a bug?

What exactly have been your test cases when you experienced this:

• what PV was the version you copied your setting from, and what was the version you copied them to?
    • And which settings?

Reason why I'm asking:

There are settings that are present only in either PV, even if you would not think that. Clarity e.g. is there meaning PV2010, whereas the new is named Clarity2012*.

If you want to copy settings for fill light and recovery, it needs to change to PV2010, I would assume, since they are gone for PV2012.

Vice versa for whites/blacks/highlights/shadows.

*Exposure2012, Contrast2012, Highlights2012, Shadows2012, Whites2012, Blacks2012, Clarity2012, ToneCurvePV2012Red/Green/Blue

Where would you find that?

Beat showed me the path: save some default settings for one of your cameras/ISO and have a look at the file with any text editor. You find it in

%appdata%\Adobe\CameraRaw\Defaults\Default_xxxxxxxxxx.xmp (Windows)

So depending what settings you might want to copy it is actually a feature - my current guess.

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 24, 2012 4:15 PM   in reply to Cornelia-I

Cornelia-I wrote:

Where would you find that?

Beat showed me the path: save some default settings for one of your cameras/ISO and have a look at the file with any text editor. You find it in

%appdata%\Adobe\CameraRaw\Defaults\Default_xxxxxxxxxx.xmp (Windows)

Actually, an easy way to see the differences is to create a develop preset based on an image's settings (one for an image in PV2010 and one for an image in PV2012) and have a look at the preset contect with an editor.

Beat

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)