• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Reinstalling the Flash Player Everyday

New Here ,
May 05, 2011 May 05, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using IE9 on my vista 32-bit and everytime I open my Internet after shutting it down, so that I can watch on youtube it always says that I need to update my flash player and then what i usually do is I reinstall it and after reinstalling my flash player version 10.3.181.5 thats the only time that I can watch a video.. I keep on reinstalling it everytime I need to watch a video..Anyone who can help me with this?thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
May 05, 2011 May 05, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, The FP 10.3 is a beta version first of all. Second, since you are using IE9, you may want to read about the ActiveX Filtering

here: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/internet-explorer/products/ie-9/features/activex-filtering

If that ActiveX Filtering adjustment doesn't solve the issue, then post back you Anti-Virus/Spyware programs you have Installed.

Next, make sure in your browser addons, you have Shockwave Flash Object Installed and Enabled.

Also have you had any Malware issues? If so, please explain.

Thanks,

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 07, 2011 May 07, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What do you mean that it's a beta version? Should I change it? I checked the link that you posted and it does not change any, beside my ActiveX Filtering is always off. Thanks though because you are helping me. Anyway my AntiVirus is Avira and I don't have any malware issues. And whenever i checked my currently loaded add-ons, I can't see the Shockwave Flash Object but if I changed the view from currently loaded add-ons to all add-ons, it's there and its enabled!

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 07, 2011 May 07, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From your reply I gather that you do not intentionally use the 10.3 beta version; from where did you download it?

If you have problems with beta level software, you should post in the beta forums.

But if you want to revert to the official release version (10.2.159.1):

• download the uninstaller for your installed beta version from http://labs.adobe.com/downloads/flashplayer10-3.html (save to disk);
  • close all browser instances and run the downloaded uninstaller;
  • restart Windows;
  • download and install the official release version from http://www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer/fp_distribution3.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 11, 2011 May 11, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've installed the official release version from the link you gave me..but stilll everytime I open my laptop and try to watch video from the net I need to install it first. thanks though!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 12, 2011 May 12, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you tell me what files you have listed in C:\Windows\system32\Macromed\Flash ?

Also, on IE, Tools, Add-ons, do you have Shockwave Flash Object, and is it enabled?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 16, 2011 May 16, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Flash10p.ocx

FlashInstall

FlashUtil10p_ActiveX.dll

FlashUtil10p_ActiveX

install

Yes I have Shockwave Flash Object in my IE add-ons and it is also enabled..

thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 16, 2011 May 16, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Your Flash files are correct for the 10.2.159.1. Even tho the Shockwave Flash Object is Enabled, I'd like you to do this.

Close all browser windows and check to make sure the Shockwave Flash Object is Enabled. Then restart your computer and go back and check to see if that Shockwave Flash Object is still Enabled. Is it? If it is, then go to youtube and click on any video. If you receive the message to update your Flash Player, minimize that window and now check and see if the Shockwave Flash Object is still listed and Enabled.

Let me know the results.

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Sep 11, 2011 Sep 11, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem. Whenever I want to watch YouTube I have to reinstall Flash Player. This solves the problem until the next day.

My OS is Win 7 64-bit and I use Firefox.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 16, 2011 Sep 16, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why do you "have to reinstall" every day - who/what is telling you to do that?

When you get that feeling that you "have to reinstall" again, can you go and check what files you have in C:\Windows\syswow64\Macromed\Flash ?

Also, in Firefox, type about:plugins into the address bar; can you see Shockwave Flash, and is it enabled?

Finally, what Flash Player version do you have installed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 16, 2011 Sep 16, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am being sarcastic. The issue is for player installer. Not my machine.

Connected by DROID on Verizon Wireless

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 15, 2011 Sep 15, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I love installing FLASH Player 10.3 everyday, it's AWESOME!
What ever you do Adobe, don't correct this; it's a users' problem, right?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 12, 2011 Oct 12, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem on my pc,

everytime i on my pc en wanna check a video on youtube or play a game

it tells me it need to download adobe flash player.

i have the same programs on my laptop and there i don't have that problem.

i use ie9 and window7.

i've tryed everything.

flash player 9/10 and 11

enabled  is on al the time

i've tryed  uninstaller from adobe and to install without virus/firewall.

nothing works.

i have used shockwave and tryed without.

but

everyday i have to reinstall adobe flash player.

anybody have a answer??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 09, 2011 Dec 09, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same thing here. Can't watch a video without updating flashplayer every browser session. ie9. what a PITA.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 14, 2011 Dec 14, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here (i.e have to install flash every browser sessin) - Windows 7 - 64 Bit installed. Problem happening with both Internet Explorer and Firefox. It is really frustrating.....can someone from Adobe sort this out - its very poor to let it drag on so long.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 29, 2011 Dec 29, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem with me. I have to reinstall the flash player every time I start my computer (Windows 7 - 64 Bit, IE 9). Strangely enough this problem occurs only on my desctop computer and not on my laptop with the same configuration (Win 7, IE 9). What can I do? I spend a lot of time in the net and found out that this problem is not so unusual, but there is up to now no real solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 24, 2012 Feb 24, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i have the same problem (windows 7 64-bit, firefox) i have to re-install or update the flash player in order to view the videos on firefox. it is a dell laptop any solutions? is it a problem with firefox or the player?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 25, 2012 Feb 25, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im having the same problem here with Flashplayer 11.

I tried running the files in sys32 and sys64 with admin, but to no avail.
For now it seems to reinstall the flashplayer everyday is the only solution.

Please adobe! i beg you, help us.

You never let us down, we will be forever greatfull.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 04, 2012 Mar 04, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem too.  Been through all the suggestions about listing files in WOW, ensuring it is enabled, etc.  This has been going on for the last couple of months. Whatever the problem is, obviously Adobe doesn't have a clue.   Frankly, at this point, I can't wait till some bright young programmer comes up with an Alternative because evidently there's no help here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 05, 2012 Mar 05, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd be up for taking a look at someone's system to see this behavior.  Anyone willing to do a desktop sharing session with me?  If so, send email to ccampbel@adobe.com and we'll schedule something. 

Unfortunately, I suspect we're dealing with a different problem than what was originally posted (this thread was started a year ago).  I suggest starting separate threads going forward.

Thanks,

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 07, 2012 Mar 07, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Chris,

I have the issue where everytime I reboot my PC I have to reinstall Adobe Flash for IE and Firefox.  I would be willing to do a desktop sharring, I responded to your email address with my information please contact me ASAP.  This has been an issue since October 2011 for me, its getting old.  Thanks,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 07, 2012 Mar 07, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Dustin,

I didn't get an email from you.  Could you try again?

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines