Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Capture window behavior PrE 10

Feb 24, 2012 4:02 PM

I've had very good luck with PrE 10 so far but here's a strange problem...

The video shown inside the capture window (i.e. capture from DV camera) seems to be stuck in the lower right-hand corner of the screen.  If I grab the window itself and move it, the video will only show when the window is in the original place on the screen.  If I slide the window to the left 1" for example, the video stays where it was and I get a 1" wide black bar on the left.  If I keep moving the window, the black bar just gets larger and eventually the whole capture window is just a black rectangle. 

I can move the window back to it's original place and get the whole video again and the actual captured video isn't affected at all.   It's really only a problem at all because the capture controls and elapsed time are actually off the bottom of the screen to see the whole video.

Hope this makes sense - I tried to get a screen shot but apparently the snipping tool doesn't work with the capture window - in that case the whole video area is just black.  Worst case I can just take a photo of the screen if need be.

Already made sure all the various drivers and Quicktime are current. Thanks in advance for any ideas you may have.

Bob

HP quad core/eight thread 3.4 GHZ, 12GB ram, AMD HD 6670 video card, Windows 7 premium 64 bit, three 7200 RPM SATA drives, bla bla bla etc

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 25, 2012 8:14 AM   in reply to N9JCR

What model of camcorder are you connecting to? Is it a tape-based miniDV or HDV, connected to your computer by a FireWire connection?

When you started your project, which project settings did you select?

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 25, 2012 7:59 PM   in reply to N9JCR

Is your camcorder set to DV Lock so that you're outputting standard def DV video?

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 27, 2012 4:56 AM   in reply to N9JCR

Have you tried swapping in the legacy drivers for Windows 7?

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/869277

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 2, 2012 4:36 AM   in reply to N9JCR

Yes, you can try holding down the Ctrl+Alt+Shift keys on the left side of your keyboard as you start the program. That can sometimes clear some corruptions by resetting the preference files.

BTW, you have gone to Windows Update and manually downloaded all the non-critical updates, right? Some these drivers can be very important.

I know you've updated your graphics driver, but this sure looks more like a driver issue than anything else.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 3, 2012 10:24 AM   in reply to N9JCR

Bob,

Great news. Some folk claim that having an updated video driver is not critical to PrE, but I have seen so very many examples, where it fixed myriad problems, and especially with anything related to display, or even GUI functioning.

Thanks for reporting your success, and good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points